“Location is great, Single private room is nice!”
Review of Silk Road Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yazd
Silk Road Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Yazd
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I tried to contact the guesthouse about 10 days before I travelled, but no replied at all. Until I arrived in Tehran, met my friend there and he made the booking for me.
I first stayed in underground dorm, I was expecting a stiff and ugly room, but it is quite ok! The air is ok, clean enough and spacious.

After 4 hours of snap and the staff told me there is a private (single) room for me. Everything is fine. You have fridge and hot water.

The courtyard need a bit maintenance, but not too bad.

The greatest thing of all is the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank kcgotravel
There are newer reviews for Silk Road Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was in Yazd for 2 days and stayed in The Silk Road, very conveniently located, The feel of a scene from Arabian Nights..

The best part of Silk route is that its like a community living experience, we get a close look at the local irani culture as well a great company of co travellers.

Here I enjoyed the most is to sit in the central courtyard on the divan, sip tea and enjoy chatting with co travellers as well the local staff.

The Manager Mr. Ali is really humble man and has helped us a lot and patiently answered all our questions... He has made available for us vegetarian food and planned our 2 days in Yazd according to our priority. All these small things make you feel at home.This is a place were you feel safe because the Manager Mr. ALi (i think he is also the owner) being a local of Yazd and is almost carrying the hotel functions on his shoulders.

I wish I come back soon especially for the food and the feeling of being at home.

Silk Road Yazd :

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ritesh C
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was given a tiny room, so small the little single mattress couldn't lie flat - the corner was turned up due to a pillar. The bathroom was fine - small but clean. The big draw is the courtyard with trees, divans all round and very good food always available. They did a nice packed breakfast for me the morning I left as breakfast isn't served till 7.30 and I had to go sooner that that. So, nice place but pick your room.

Room Tip: Ask to see before accepting - avoid the room named "Benjamin"
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mary n
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a comfortable stay at the Silk Road Hotel and found the courtyard dining area a good place to meet other travellers.

The double room with attached bathroom was spacious and the beds were comfortable.

The location is near the Jame-e-Kabir mosque and also within walking distance (15 minutes) to the Amir Chakhmagh Mosque and square. Right there you can get pretty awesome grilled liver :)

The only thing that left a bad impression was the travel agency attached to the Silk Road Hotel. We booked a half day tour with them, and it was agreed that snacks will be provided and the entrance fees to the three attractions will be included as well. But on the actual day, there were no snacks and they also tried to make us pay for the entrance fees which we firmly refused to do so. The tour guide even had the cheek to pick up one of his friends to join us and he spent the most part of the tour just talking to his friend. It was rather unprofessional.

On top of that, it was very much overpriced and you can find a cheaper day tour alternative at other agencies.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank pei ying c
Reviewed July 4, 2013

At first booked a different place which was terrible then switched to SRH find it really comfy and cozy, had a great time , met other travellers ,staff were friendly and made our visit memorable, would definitely visit again

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Alidad N
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Let me join the increasing number of people who say they had a confirmed e-mail booking with Silk Road only to arrive and find the hotel full, then to be whisked off to one of their three alternatives, usually the Oasis, none of which has the same ambience of the Silk Road and from what I gather is the main reason for staying at the Silk Road.

I thought I was a one-off but as I travelled throughout Iran I discovered this was the norm. In fact, this is the deliberate business tactic of the Silk Road management. Take bookings and if there are rooms left when they arrive, fine - give them to them. If not, shunt them off to another of their hotels. The policy seems to be driven by a desire not to lose business so if someone arrives without a booking, rather taken turn them away or risk them refusing one of the other hotels, they simply give them one of the rooms that have already been reserved.

But it was the way in which it was all done that left a sour taste in my mouth. The manager was indeed expecting me when I arrived announcing I had a booking and even mentioned my name confirming that yes, I did indeed have a booking and if I would wait just a moment someone would take me to the second building (read as another hotel under their management). I was not entirely happy and when I arrived at the Oasis Hotel I was even less happy. Usually, I suspect, travellers are too tired and will take it on the chin, but I simply politely refused to accept the situation and asked to be taken back to the Silk Road. By this time the embarrassed management had made themselves scarce so I was dealt with entirely by a person I soon discovered was a tourist driver who does some business with the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank GaryBangkok
Reviewed June 17, 2013

great value for the room, it is nice to have AC during the summer.. the breakfast is also nice!!
the staffs are no that bad, maybe we are use to the super warm welcome in Iran, normal welcome is not enough any more...
they speak English well, no problems with communications!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank littlekcik

Been to Silk Road Hotel? Share your experiences!