“Not horrible, definitely not great”
Review of Gostaresh Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tabriz
Gostaresh Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tabriz
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed there for two nights with Iranian family members. On arrival the front desk staff was very unhelpful and almost did not allow my daughter and me to stay in the same room as my wife and her parents. She is Iranian and my daughter and I were traveling on British passports and we had her Iranian documentation which registers our marriage. There was a real "can't do" attitude from the front desk staff on this but they eventually relented after much argumentation. Our suite was furnished like a US college dorm from the 1970s though it was quite spacious. There were many pistachio shells in the sofa cushions. Also, by Iranian standards, the hotel is quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank baumsnow

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed at during our three weeks tour of Iran. We travelled as a family and stayed here for three nights in a suite which was quite spatious and comfortable with a nice terrace with a beautiful view of the city and the mountains. It even had a small kitchen. The bathroom was the only area which needed some improvement. The buffet breakfast was something we particularly liked about this place. The location was good, close to the taxi and bus station. We would recommend this hotel and if we come to Tabriz again would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Renata G
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was one of the better hotels we stayed in in our 3 weeks in Iran. Like most others it is a little dated but Iran is in the infancy of its international tourism industry and there is just no money to be had for major renovations. The rooms are clean, have balconies and windows that can open for fresh air and double glazing so are quiet.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Wi-fi is free but you can only get it in the lobby.
A very good breakfast buffet all things considered and part of this was the most excellent barley soup I have ever had.
NB: If you go out and just around the corner to the left, you can get excellent coffee at a place that looks a bit like a fast food joint. There are lots of shops nearby to browse.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Darlingkins
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here for two days during my visit of Tabriz. The room where I stayed had some standard furniture, with a refrigerator with some food and beverages and the room was clean and quiet. In the bathroom there were some amenities like shampoo, shower gel and so on. The hotel isn't outstanding but it is clean and some of the staff at the reception speak english.
A very good point is the breakfast buffet which has a lot of good quality food.
The hotel is close to the most important monuments of Tabriz, the Blue Mosque, the Azerbaijan Museum.
There is free access to wifi in the lobby on the ground floor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Travellover1978
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The tall-towered hotel (ask for a higher-floor room else you'll be bothered by the noise of the traffic) is in a decentish location.
The rooms, though a bit weirdly designed, are reasonably comfortable. The loos are ok.
There is free access to wifi (in the lobby on the ground floor) and there is an a-la-carte and buffet restaurant
The breakfast is pretty lavish.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank peripateticously
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Location of Hotel is very nice in center of the city , but totally i didnt like the room which was on floor 9 with a nice view of the city ! the WC was smelling very bad! Tv remote was not working properly and TV had just few channels ... there was some space like kitchen in the ri oom but it was not a real one! just an area to put the refrigator with some snacks inside! ... and the worst part was when i was trying sleep I could hear a non stop VZZZZZZ sound behind the wall of room which was a ventilator i guess ! it was hard to get into sleep with that noise! and after getting used to it and feeling asleep alittle bit , i felt my foot was itching! the day after i saw two big spots on it which was obviously caused by a big kind of insect! I still have those! something like a big spider maybe! I hope it wont transfer me to a spiderman or sth!!! .... I am not sure if there are better hotels in TABRIZ or not! but i certainly do not recommend this one!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank elyar
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for three days and our room was ready before check in time, and we were allowed to check out 3 hours late with no additional cost. The room has standard amenities like TV, shampoo, things like that. Nothing outstanding but it is clean and the concierge is helpful. We also used the pool at the hotel which was very clean and nice.
The breakfast buffet is amazing, lots of variety with good quality.
Close to shopping centres, places to buy souvenirs.
While there ask concierge about booking a private tour of Kandovan, Jolfa which are a couple hours outside of the city but very worth the time and money.
Also the only hotel to have a 5 bedroom suite.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BShafiee

Been to Gostaresh Hotel? Share your experiences!