“Service Exelent”

Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Tanjung Pinang
Reviewed February 27, 2013

we stayed on Chinese new year 2013 for 3 days and found the warm service from the front to get in to our room, which employees are welcomed us with pleasure and sincere, at dinner time we enjoyed the food served at the pool area, we were greeted by the manager and escorted us to the buffet and he showed the food and I decided to enjoy. Very satisfied staying at this hotel feel like home, Excellent !!!

Room Tip: my room was very clean and services are warm.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The rooms and corridors smell of smoke, there was a huge stain on the carpet in one room I was shown. I had to ask to see 3 rooms before I could find one that was ok.
Many of the staff have difficulty understanding and speaking English. Room service took one hour before the food arrived, the food was cold! Breakfast is mainly asian food and not a great selection to choose from. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke make sure you book a non-smoking room in advance. They only have a few non-sm...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Queenbee2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

For Tanjung pinang city, this is the best ånd most luxurious hotel. No doubt for it

The room was fantastic,the staff very nice ånd very helpfull.Breakfast just standard.

Staff:
1 when I check in, I saw the reception help one of tourist who comes to Aston but their voucher hotel belong to others hotel. The reception take a very good care the miss tourist to get the right hotel

2 when in the middle of the night I want to eat outside hotel, then one of the staff offering me with very deepest from their heart to drive me search for food. Surprised he is not asking for Money or so on

Very2. Pleased with the service of the staFf

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank kakek_ganas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in Room 311. Generally quite clean but can see persistent stains on drawers and chairs upon close up. Room close to roads so can hear motorbikes and cars but it's alright to me. Morning can hear roosters too. Staff generally smiley but don't know too much English, but still friendly and can see they're trying to help. Good facilities, I especially liked the swimming pool relaxing area. Pub has a lot of smoke smell but the people were very friendly and can make good drinks. KTV was quite alright, quite a variety of songs of different languages available. Gym's pretty clean and music's good! There's polo ralph lauren shop, buffet breakfast, dimsum buffet, cakes and ice creams too. No shopping within walking distance so you would need to cab around or join tour packages. Overall ambience generally quiet so it's pretty comfortable for a short stay. Too long a stay would probably be boring because there's only 3 levels and a basement floor to explore about.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the swimming pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PhuaChiuYen
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Facilities are nice and clean and breakfast and dinner are ok. But you need to know, that even they have a winelist, they won't sell you wine with your dinner. And if you keep inseasting that you would like to drink wine, they will say that they have sold out all the wine, except one brand, which they ask ridiculous price. I understand cultural differences totally, but I don't understand, why do they have a winelist, if they won't sell you wine. Other thing is that there pricelist in internetpages is fake: real price is two times higher. Fair? Western people are treated badly in this hotel overall, so there has to be other choices.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Obviously, this is not like the usual bintan resorts that comes with many activities and water sports. I was there with my girlfriend on Oct 27 and have a night stay in the hotel. The staffs are very polite and proactively attend to all your needs. They understand what you want and can speak pretty well. They will make calls to your room to inform you the status of your planned vehicle and will never fail to make eye contact with their visitors.

The American Breakfast was excellent. The options are not many but every dishes were fantastic ( maybe that's why)

In the evening, i happened to meet the hotel manager and he brings me to take look at the buffet dinner they have and showcase the dishes (as they are preparing) . I end of accepting his offer to grab my dinner in the hotel. It was great as well.

The swimming pool was kind of mediocre, was not as clean as i think. I did not enjoy so much as there was a drizzling going on.

Overall, i think i have really enjoy the stay in Aston. I recommend for those people that are looking to stay in the hotel during their trip as the top priority.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is our first time visiting Tanjong Pinang and we did not do any research of what to do in Tanjong Pinang due to the sudden decision of going for a 2d1n trip. I choose this hotel was due to the good reviews from others. The hotel is clean due to it is quite new. There is a free shuttle service from/to Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal to/from Aston Tanjong Pinang which I think is important as the hotel is quite far (20 - 30 mins driving) from the ferry terminal.

After checking in the hotel, we decided to go to the city area as we thought we can spend lots of time there. The hotel staff said we can go to the Bestari Mall and we decided to use the hotel transport which cost IDR150,000 (2 ways). We realised there is nothing much for us to do here as the Bestari Mall is old and small. We also found nothing we can do in the surrounding area. After settling our lunch near the mall, we decided to go back to hotel to use the facilities there. After spending 2 hours at the nice and clean swimming pool, we also went for the spa (not that fantastic). Then, we also had our dinner at the hotel as the nearby area doesn't seem to have much choice of food and we do not want to walk as the area is quite dark for us. The buffet breakfast doesn't really have much choices and the food are average.

That was our 2d1n trip at Aston Tanjong Pinang. Therefore, I think if you want to go Tanjong Pinang for relaxation, you can choose this hotel and spend all your time in hotel unless you want to spend on the transportation to go to the beach area which the hotel staff informed us is about 40 mins drive from hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley_Chia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Pinang
CK Tanjungpinang Hotel & Convention Centre
CK Tanjungpinang Hotel & Convent...
#1 of 18 in Tanjung Pinang
#5 of 18 in Tanjung Pinang
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
#5 of 37 in Bintan Island

Been to Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!