“Steak & chips for £2 GBP!”
Review of Jenny's Restaurant

Jenny's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Steak & chips for £2 GBP!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Lonely Planet highly recommends Jenny's Restaurant so we gave it a try. On arriving, the family were sat on the floor sharing a big meal so a man turned us away - until a younger girl chased after us and ushered us in - and I'm pleased she did! A few thing's from the menu weren't in stock but we finally settled with steak and chips. We were dubious and didn't expect much but we were wrong! Steak, chips and salad for £2 GBP! Amazing cut and quality. Perfect for the western palette after 3 weeks on the road in Northern Sumatra. If we had more time, I would have gone back again!

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tuktuk, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok, but not more than that”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

very busy place, prices are high already( guess because it's very touristic), food is good, but i can't say that it' s best in my life... in dinner time be preapared to wait for an hour...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank firstkorolevishna
“Somebody has to be the first...”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

It was quite busy when we arrived, but most people had already eaten. I might have been unlucky but after eating the BBQ fish I spent the whole night on the toilet. Even I left a portion of my fish since I noticed half way a part of the fish tasted odd when not combined with the spicy topping. It tasted like it was not very well done, and asked the opinion of my girlfriend she agreed. the staff didn't seem to be that interested when I pointed out why I didn't eat all of it. Sure enough I after say 2 hours I was racing for the toilet. I'm not coming back.

4 Thank Chrisnl
Sydney
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fish, chips and salad meal was fantastic. The fish is super fresh, straight from the lake and seasoned well with salt and pepper. It's huge and delicious and the staff were lovely too.

Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“À really good time !”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Family food, so tasty and fresh. The grilled fish lake is amazing. Jenny and Ringo are the nicest and make you really feel like home. We absolutely loved this adress and will come back if we get the chance. Ringo can give you à tour of the Island if you ask him.

Visited June 2013