See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2015

I found This 3 star hotel through search engine and double check with trip advisor review.
The Superior room is simple and small, just like any other new and simple hotel, this kind of room is enough for you who travel alone. They provided window for every room, but because of the lay out, sometime the window is small, but enough.

The deluxe room is big enough for you who travel with kids.
This hotel had elevator and luggage way in every floor that might be useful for handicap person travel with chair. So you dont need to worry handling your luggage alone.

The hotel had 2 price for every room, with breakfast and without breakfast. Be sure to check the price.

Be sure to watch your little one because they had stair beside the luggage way and there are window that might be opened by someone, the window is low and could be reach by your children.

Located in strategic place, 10 minutes to Pasar Bawah, 5 minutes to Suzuya departmet store, 10 minutes to Mall Pekanbaru, and for you who like to visit traditional market, you may find it behind the hotel just about 5 minutes walk. In the morning you might easily find a small shop selling coffe/hot tea and instant noodle around the hotel.

For you who dont like to go out for dinner, you may find that sometime the hotel open a stall in front of the lobby (only 3 tables) and service dinner at a very low cost. Around Rp. 30.000 - Rp. 50.000. Be sure to check it with the front office officer.

The hotel staff is very helpful and pleasant. They will delighted to show you the way around.
The wifi signal is very good, this is important to me :)

I might stay on this hotel for my next visit.

Room tip: The front facing room will be hot in the afternoon.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
WinstarHotel, eCommerce at Winstar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2015

Dear Ms ratnajoewita,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a complete and full review of your experience with Winstar Hotel Pekanbaru. We truly appreciate those positive feedback you have given us.

We are glad that our strategic location and offers of food and beverage are one of those things you like about us. Thank you once again for choosing and staying with us. We hope your next visit to Pekanbaru will be more exciting with us the second time and many more to come. We will always keep improving and providing regular updates on room promotion as well as food and beverage to our customers. If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us through 0761-23588 or reservation@winstar-hotel.com. One of our representatives would be more than happy to assist.

Reviewed November 2, 2014 via mobile

Based on what I've been analysed & review on the few months then come up with my conclusion as traveller, Winstar htl really continuously be mindful of details & attentive to follow up all my needs during my stay in this htl, the management of winstar is great and prepare very well, they know how to manage hotel as well as people whlie getting the most optimal result from the people, resources,and other support at their disposal.

I stayed three times at
pekanbaru and compare to others winstar is the best and looks prepare very well in management, as a result the management represents the highest leverage points in cleanliness, service, breakfast and great in business today, I would recommend winstar htl for traveller as well as business activities in pekanbaru,

Best Regards

BratAdams

Date of stay: August 2014
WinstarHotel, eCommerce at Winstar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2014

Dear Bratadam,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the level of services we provided. We are very happy to hear your positive customer reviews. I, hereby represent the entire team at Winstar Hotel Pekanbaru would like to appreciate your choice of stay in Pekanbaru with us for many times. We will always keep improving to provide the best hospitality services in the city.

If there's anything we could assist, please do not hesitate to contact us through +62-761-23588 or email us at reservation@winstar-hotel.com

We look forward to welcoming you back again and stay with us.

eCommerce Officer

Reviewed October 29, 2014

Last month, I was here for business trip for 3 days. The location of this hotel is just perfect, right at the heart of both business and leisure area. The wi-fi is very fast and I simply loved the peaceful environment of this hotel late at night, as you can fully-concentrate on your assignments without any disturbance from the traffic outside. I stayed at Deluxe Room and everything is so sufficient. The pillow is so puffed, the bed cover, linen, and towel are clean as well. Very well maintained hotel. Will definitely come back to this hotel for the next visit!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Joana_Rose
WinstarHotel, eCommerce at Winstar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2014

Dear Joana_Rose,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with Winstar Hotel in Pekanbaru. We truly appreciate you taking time to write such kind words for us.

As a business hotel in the heart of Pekanbaru, we offer to assist business travelers like yourself to the best of our ability. That includes a comfortable bed, hot and cold shower facilities, free wifi across the building and rooms, We hope to serve you again in your next visit to Pekanbaru.

If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us directly through 0761-23588 or email us at reservation@winstar-hotel.com. One of our representatives would be more than happy to help.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

Really Pleasant Staff, NEW Hotel, But Mildly Impressive. This is the third out of four Pekanbaru hotels I'm reviewing. It is was the most affordable of the four; however, the room was cramped. the bathroom was spacious and nouveau. Breakfast was fair, not fancy. The Aircon worked well.

This hotel has a good location. It's a healthy walk down a couple blocks of commercial street to a masjid. There is pasar daily, within walking distance to get the season's latest fruits. There are not many 24 hour marts or many restaurants in the area. Shopping is about 10 minute walk to a mini mall. Many Malaysians like to stay here. It is new, clean and affordable, but I'm not as charged about it as other reviewers. It is a good budget hotel, not the best. It's definitely above average.

Tip: For non-ASEAN, VOA (visa on arrival) travellers arriving in Indonesia, the cost for a one month single entry visa rose from $25 US to the new price of $35 US that must be paid for upon arrival to the airport. After paying for the VOA, the process is not complete, you must queue at another window to produce your receipt for your newly purchased VOA and get it printed and placed in your passport. Now you can join the line to se an immigration officer like everybody else.

Moreover,budget 150,000 IDR airport tax per person.When leaving Indo to foreign destination, you must pay the tax, which is collected at the flight counter, There has been no price increase in regards to this airport tax. I've yet to see a single airline price include it, so budget your rupiah to pay it.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank abujalan
WinstarHotel, eCommerce at Winstar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2014

Dear abujalan,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay at Winstar Hotel Pekanbaru. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our customer service. We agree that our brand new hotel is clean and provide good value for money.

Once again thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Pekanbaru.

Winstar Hotel Pekanbaru

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Before i stay here i was stay at arowana hotel which is not as located as this hotel.i came to this hotel then i meet the Receptionist. i told her that i wanna stay around a weeks,then she offered me if i stay here she is will be give me special price.so i decide to move,This is a really royal touch hotel and i am feeling like a home,because the staff very helpful and careful.i stay at 311 the room was clean,the officer always send me a newspaper every morning,the breakfast is good,with a good taste and a lot of option,and the are always give me every twice a weeks cake traditional from pekanbaru "bolu kemojo with starfuits juice". they are always trying to give me a best service ,i very appreciate it.

Room tip: 311 with room type Deluxe so comfortable,with a large space,the positition near from mushola..i really appreciate because the hotel have facilites of mushola.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank shendry01
WinstarHotel, General Manager at Winstar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.By telling us what you likes about stay and how we can improve,you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future,please don't be hesitate to contact me at (62+761-23588)

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Dede Rahman Sudjana