“Nice ”
Review of Grand Suka Hotel

Grand Suka Hotel
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Pekanbaru
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The room is clean and spacious. The food are great. The staff is very helpful with great hospitality. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from a shopping center. Very nice. I'm looking forward to have a trip to pekanbaru again and stay at Ibis Hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank TaufikI
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Personal Asst.to GM/PR at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Mr. Taufik,

Regards from Hotel ibis Pekanbaru...

Thank you for choosing ibis Hotel for your accommodation in Pekanbaru. We are glad to receive your feedback. We will share it to our team to encourage them for maintaining excellent service an team spirit. We will be very honored to welcome your next visit with continuously improved quality of service and product.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Location: Roughy 10 minutes drive from the airport. Generally further from main city centre (which will require another 10 minutes by car to reach). Bluebirds (metered taxi's) are easily available in the hotel for easy of transportation. Alternative is to use Riau Taxi's. Check in was smooth and I did not encounter any difficulties. SKA mall is nearby (around 10 minutes walk - road surface may not be ideal for walking, so I would suggest just to take a cab - which will take you 2 minutes)

Rooms may look dated to some, but fine for me and excellent by Ibis standards. Clean sheets, comfortable pillows, basic amenities like TV, fridge, coffee making facilities (with kettle) was available in the room. However, safe was not available in the rooms. They did offer such services in the front desk counter.

This is one of the rare ibis that actually has a swimming pool. Don't expect it to be fantastic.

Breakfast was limited but sufficient. Mainly local dishes.

Staff was able to speak english, friendly and very resourceful.

This hotel is very popular among locals. It does the job by giving you a comfortable night's sleep and out the rest of the day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank john_gpjm

Dear Mr. John,

Regards from Hotel ibis Pekanbaru...

Thank you for choosing ibis for your accommodation in Pekanbaru. We are glad to hear your feedback. We will share it to our team to encourage their spirit for improving and maintaining excellent service. It is an honor to welcome your next visit in ibis Pekanbaru, with the continuously improved quality of product and service.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel ibis Pekanbaru is ideally located for business and leisure travellers, only 10 minutes away from airport, governmental and business district. 5 minutes away from the biggest modern shopping centre in Pekanbaru, SKA Mall, with shuttle bus available daily, and 15 minutes to the famous traditional souvenir and craft center, Pasar Bawah.It has 125 modern and comfy rooms and suites, completed with Satellite TV, Individual Coffee and Tea Maker facilities, Direct Dial Telephone, and Free Wi-Fi High Speed Internet Access

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Santoso A
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Personal Asst.to GM/PR at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Santoso,

Thank you for choosing ibis Hotel for your accommodation in Pekanbaru...

We are glad to received all feedback from our guests. We will share your complement to our team to encourage their teamwork spirit for excellent service. We will be honored to welcome your next visit in ibis Pekanbaru with continuous improvement on product and service quality.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Clean and great room, the staff were really polite and helpfull, great location, and have a shuttle car to deliver the guest to near shopping centre or local restaurant. The swimming pool is great and the water not to cold. Overall we have a really great time during our business in pekanbaru

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Tombak M

Dear Mr. Tombak,

Thank you for choosing ibis Hotel for your accommodation in Pekanbaru...

We are glad to received all feedback of our guests experience during staying with us. Your complement will be shared to our team to encourage their spirit of teamwork for excellent service. We will be honored to welcome your next visit to ibis Pekanbaru with continuous improvement on product and service quality.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I use Trip Advisor for all the non-brand name Hotels I have to stay in. I changed the Hotel we normally use in Pekanbaru to IBIS based on the reviews WITHOUT looking at where the people who wrote them came from. BIG mistake, and I encouraged 4 of my colleagues to join me. This Hotel is basic, functional but totally lacks the normal comforts you would expect. Rooms are very Spartan, air-conditioning just about works, chairs are just wood – no cushions, power failed 5 times in two days, food is all non-western and the Bar had no beer! It is also very remote, I noted that some people stated it was within walking distance of shopping mall, close is 5 mins reality is about 20 mins away. Whilst I am from Australia my 4 colleagues are from Singapore and Indonesia and they all asked me (told me) to not stay in this Hotel again!
So we will go back to what I now know to be the Best Hotel in Pekanbaru, Swiss Belinn. Rooms are better, food is better, next door to shopping mall and they don’t run out of beer!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor have the air conditioner units outside. Noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Personal Asst.to GM/PR at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for choosing ibis Hotel for your accommodation in Pekanbaru...

We are glad to receive your feedback, since all guests give comments based on their experience during staying with us. On behalf of ibis Pekanbaru Team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in ibis Pekanbaru.

For electricity problem, it has happened regionally within these 2-3 months, and we have anticipated it by providing additional power from generator. For the beer stock, we have some brands of beer which are provided at the Lounge Bar, and choices of Western menu on the list e.g: Steak, Burger, Salad, French Fries, Lasagna, etc.

We will be honored to welcome your next visit with continuous improved product and service quality.

Personal Asst. to GM

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The great locations for the best views from the suites. Ibis Pekanbaru awesome!
I love my breakfast and the serve from the ibis staff..
About the swimming-pool, I've got the clean swimming pool in there, so , don't worry to be little mermaid in the pool, because you can feeling so laying in the pool.. Horay !

Room Tip: * corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mumu1103
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Personal Asst.to GM/PR at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hotel ibis for your accommodation in Pekanbaru. We are glad to receive your feedback. Regarding to the Pool area artistic design and lighting, especially for the Pool view from the suite rooms have become the favorite spot by the guest. In addition, ibis Pekanbaru also provide Lounge Bar and La Table terrace that will be your perfect choice for having meals while enjoying the nature of Poolside area. We will surely wait for your next visit to ibis Pekanbaru, with continuous improved product and service quality.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

As a whole is good, just one that needs to be addressed
Parking area for motor cycle is bad, I look forward to motorcycles can be made canopy to protect motorcycles from rain and heat. and you can make same with area parking for your employees

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Ambar_jy

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hotel ibis for your accommodation in Pekanbaru. We are glad to receive your feedback. Regarding to canopy in motorbike parking area issue, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we have conduct the department concerned for the improvement. Honor to welcome your next visit with continuous improvement of product and service quality.