“couple of problems, they did fix it. would give em another shot”
Review of Grand Suka Hotel

Grand Suka Hotel
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Pekanbaru
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Spent a week here in november. Had a couple of bad experiences, like stone cold french fries from the kitchen and woken up at 11:30 pm being asked to move my car because I was blocking someone in. This wasnt the case and although I was upset management did upgrade us and apologized. If we didnt have these issues id rate it higher. Can walk to a mall, its very easy to get to the hotel and it's not in a busy area of town. Wife liked the bed but I felt it was a bit firm. Would be nice to have a flat screen but the price is certainly competitive

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank yourfather
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Operational Secretary at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Mr. Zug,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at ibis Pekanbaru. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed November 15, 2012

nice hotel for bussiness trip
nice breakfast too
in city areas
good service
friendly staff
good facility
room service is very fast
recomended hotel for bussiness trip
the city guide staff is very good

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank PRA1705
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Operational Secretary at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Pekanbaru. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel is outside city center, but taxicabs are available, also along the road. SKA Mall is a 10 minutes walk. Carpets are indeed a little bit stained, but cleaned every day. Staff is very friendly and some can speak some English. Breakfast is buffetstyle with western and local dishes. Enough choice. We booked at the counter and that was cheaper than our friend who booked with a bookingsite on internet. Our price included breakfast, hers not.
Not much to do in Pekenbaru. We visited the museum, was interesting, but half of the building was dark because of a powercut. On a 7 hours drive there is the Tesso Nilo national park (WWF) with elephants (Flying Squad elephant patrol) and other animals. But you need a permit to enter the park (at headquarter in Kerinci Pelalawan), so you have to organize your trip very well. But it's quiet an experience to ride an elephant and also wash them in the river.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Majandi

Dear Sir,

Ibis Pekanbaru

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

but with the experienced service from Ibis as one of the chained hotels, you will get a good pekanbaru welcome gesture.

Watch out for the nearest fine and newly build swiss-bellin hotel.

Ibis is located near SKA mall, one of the top 3 malls in pekanbaru.
If you want to travel into city center it would take 20-30minutes depend on traffic.
Pekanbaru main streets are sudirman street, tuanku tambusai street, riau street and ahmad yani street.
Meanwhile Ibis is located at soekarno hatta street or it used to be called arengka satu.

To be honest with you, pekanbaru is quite a small city, but it is one of the fastest grown in Indonesia.

If you looking for queit environment, well you have made a good choice.

The rooms , services and everything are actually standard high above.
Which are define as worth to stay in pekanbaru.
There are some hotels which are equally good and can be choose during your stay @pekanbaru
which are JATRA HOTEL, ARYADUTA HOTEL, SWISS BELLIN HOTEL SKA, PREMIERRE HOTEL, PANGERAN HOTEL.
those are top hotels @pekanbaru, believe me, if you wanna have a pleasant stay, stay at one of stated by me.
Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank inandouthoteltohotel
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Operational Secretary at Grand Suka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

When you check in, the common areas are bright and modern. Too bad the rooms aren't. The carpets are stained and look tired, and the TV has to be about ten years old. Normally this wouldn't be an issue as I rarely sit around the room and watch TV, but there's not much to do in Pekanbaru. The staff are wonderful, seeking to help in any way and always smiling. Breakfast is very localized, so westerners be forewarned.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank DonnieWorldwide

Dear………

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Pekanbaru. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. For some cases, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you happened to visit Pekanbaru in Southern Sumatera island in Indonesia, and you prefer a peaceful and quiet place far from the busy streets, then the cosy little room at Ibis Pekanbaru is the right choice. The rooms are clean, small but complete with all hotel amenities, nice swimming pool, restaurant with a variety of local, western, as well as chinese cuisine. I enjoy staying there during my regular business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank protasius d

Dear Sir / Madam,

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Referring back to few years ago when I spent the weekend with family in Pekanbaru, I used to stay in this Ibis hotel. Price is affordable and service is very good. Although I am no longer working in same company where I work when I was registered in this hotel earlier, I still can get the Corporate rate which helps me on cost...:)
I also had experience yesterday when the big earthquake happened in Aceh at 8.9 Richter. I was in the room and had to run out from the hotel as the other guests did. But all Hotel Staff were with us to calm down the panic situation among the guests. Well done!
Breakfast menu is excellent, from Indonesian Traditional food to Western food are available. You will enjoy!

If you are in Pekanbaru, don't ever forget this hotel. You'll check out with one feeling : I will come back here again.
Yose Rizal