“Nice New Hotel but with some areas for improvement”

Hotel Premiere Pekanbaru by ZHM
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Pekanbaru
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The moment I walked into the lobby I could tell that this was a relatively new property with a nice modern/minimalist design. They have great promotional/corporate rate, which can be less than half of the online published rate.

I have stayed here two times and have mixed impressions. My first stay was generally ok but the second one had a number of flaws.

On the positive side, the room and the bathroom were clean and well equipped. The bed (King Koil brand, according to their website) was comfy. They gave free internet which was nice, although it could be very sluggish at times. The hotel also have a number of facilities: spa, gym, karaoke. However, I didnt get the chance to use them and therefore cannot comment much. I used their fully equipped conference rooms for meeting and the staff was responsive to requests.

Hotel location is quite central, and there's a decent bakery (Holland Bakery) right next to the hotel in case you fancy some snacks or cake.

On my second stay, which was longer than the first, there were a string of problems:
1. The food served for breakfast was cold. In general, the food/restaurant left a lot to be desired.
2. One of TWO elevators were out of service twice during my stay for an extended period hence people had to wait forever to go up/down.To make it worse, the hotel was quite full at that time and the overload alarm rang although the number of people on the elevator was only half of the max capacity stated on the elevator wall.
3. Found a hole on my bed cover

I still rate this hotel 3 star mostly due to its facilities, newness and value for money. They still need to improve the restaurant/food quality and some other areas as I mentioned above.

One good reminder: make sure you close your door when leaving your room since the door does not self-close.

Room Tip: Dont stay in one of the rooms that has connecting door as the sound from the other room can travel t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Donny S
Premiere P, Manager at Hotel Premiere Pekanbaru by ZHM, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Warmest Greetings from The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru…

Dear Valued Guest, Warm Greetings from The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru. Thank you for choosing our hotel as the venue you during Pekanbaru and for taking your time to leave a review on our hotel which is very useful in the future to provide the best for our guests. In this case, we also apologize for any inconvenience that Mr / Ms receive. We forward to welcoming you back to be able to stay at the The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru.

Sincerely Management.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Premiere Pekanbaru by ZHM

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My room had a good layout, clean, and compact. They provide WiFi in the rooms, which was great. They provide a nice tea/coffee service right in the room and offer a breakfast for guest. I left before they opened and they delivered a hot meal to my room, which was great.

When I was there the call from morning prayers started at 4:30 AM, which was a surprise. And a good cultural awakening.

Overall...If I ever have an opportunity to travel to Pekambaru this would be where I would stay

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank aerete

Warmest Greetings from The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru…

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us. We are pleased to learn your comment and it would definitely be taken an improvement from us in upcoming future. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I suppose Pekanbaru as a city is outgrowing its infrastructures, especially hotels. Hotels are often fully booked so there is not much choice available. When I stayed at this hotel, I couldn't get a non-smoking room despite having previously asked for it. Finally they put me in a smoking room on the 11th floor - thank God it didn't smell bad at all. Perhaps because it had a wooden floor instead of carpet.

I enjoyed the newness of the place. Things were still pleasantly in order and more importantly, clean! I just hope they will have a good maintenance - a rarity in Indonesia I must say. I did find the bathroom tap to be temperamental - it was difficult to maintain water temperature during shower. Overall things went well until I required a service such as wake up call, bellboy, etc. They were just simply horrible by taking so long to pick up phone calls or often completely ignoring phone calls.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Edges

Sincerely Management.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Visited The cafe restaurant at this hotel with freinds last week. Service was ok however several matters have made decide never to stay in that hotel when I visit Pekanbaru again -

- hamburgers took forever to arrive (restaurant was NOT busy)
- hamburgers arrived 15 minutes after other meals on our table
- hamburgers were cold as were the kentang goreng
- promotion on each table Buy 1 beer get 1 Free but afterwards we found out it only applied to dark beer (bad move)
- no Restaurant Manager on duty to give personal feedback too on the spot
- no Duty Manager available at Front Desk either to discuss

As I said if my experiences are representative of hotel I shall stay elsewhere (IBIS is pretty good)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Travel_MadJakarta
Premiere P, Manager at Hotel Premiere Pekanbaru by ZHM, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear Our Valued Guest

Warm greetings from The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru ...

Previously, we want to thank you on reviews that you provided in the past, precisely in January 2012. We are also grateful to you have chosen our hotel as the venue during you at Pekanbaru. In this case, we also apologize for any inconvenience that Mr / Mrs received at the time. Now time has passed and we are still expecting the arrival of Mr / Mrs in our hotel and try as much as possible, the things that make Mr / Mrs uncomfortable in the past will not happen again. We are committed to become better over time and provide the best that can be a No. 1 hotel in Pekanbaru. We await your arrival back to be able to stay at The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru.

As gratitude and apologies to Mr / Mrs from us, we will give a special price of rooms in case of future Mr / Mrs want to stay back at The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru. For room reservations, Mr / Mrs can contact our team at email premierehotelpekanbaru@gmail.com or LINE ID thepremierehotel or Blackberry PIN 7A0A3922.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was confuse when I was about to choose this hotel, as there were many negative review on TA. Finally I decided to give it a try.

I had a terrific stay at the hotel, no complaint regarding the staff, the room, the breakfast or anything. It's a really nice hotel. The bar lounge at the 2nd level is a really nice place.

It's not located at the center, but the Metro Pekanbaru's bus stop is only few steps away. We can go to the Mall of Pekanbaru using the Metro.

A very recommended hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank tesyasblog

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, and it was great. The rooms were very spick and span, modernly designed and very comfortable. We were placed in a non-smoking room and were pleasantly surprised that the room did not smell of stale cigarettes as it does in some places despite it being strictly a non smoking room. The rooms were basically very comfortable and the toilets were also well designed (no bathtub). The shower pressure was very good and toilet was clean.

The only odd thing were the bed and table lamps, as they were so modernly designed, they seemed to lack a switch on them to turn them on or off. I had to manually pull out the plug to switch the lamps on or off. Besides that, the I can complain about nothing else,maybe because it was newly constructed.

The buffet breakfast was quite good, with mostly a local spread of dishes that are very Indonesian. Do not expect western cuisine or an international spread, maybe except for the cereals and some bread. Food was relatively good and the choices were great. I would recommend this hotel for business trips or a short stay or visit at Pekanbaru.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are not really sound insulated. If you're a light sleeper, or like to turn on t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mikas101

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Extremely poor service. The wireless that is supossed to cover the entire hotel does not reach my room. I wasnt able to have access to the internet from my room and there was nothing they could do about it. I had problems getting into my room every single day during my day in premiere. They made me wait for half an hour each time and an hour and a half on my last day to get the door fixed. I received no complements and was completely ignored while they repaired my door. Food in their restaurant, "The Cafe", took forever to arrive at the table and they lack sense of taste. Foods in the menu often run out and there was a lot of billing error. Though the facilities are up to the standard of a five star hotel, i would not recommend you to stay at premierre if you were lookin for a hotel with a service.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Cosmofop

Dear Our Valued Guest

Warm greetings from The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru ...

Previously, we want to thank you on reviews that you provided in the past, precisely in December 2011. We are also grateful to you have chosen our hotel as the venue during you at Pekanbaru. In this case, we also apologize for any inconvenience that Mr / Mrs received at the time. Now time has passed and we are still expecting the arrival of Mr / Mrs in our hotel and try as much as possible, the things that make Mr / Mrs uncomfortable in the past will not happen again. We are committed to become better over time and provide the best that can be a No. 1 hotel in Pekanbaru. We await your arrival back to be able to stay at The Premiere Hotel Pekanbaru.

Best regards,