The moment I walked into the lobby I could tell that this was a relatively new property with a nice modern/minimalist design. They have great promotional/corporate rate, which can be less than half of the online published rate.
I have stayed here two times and have mixed impressions. My first stay was generally ok but the second one had a number of flaws.
On the positive side, the room and the bathroom were clean and well equipped. The bed (King Koil brand, according to their website) was comfy. They gave free internet which was nice, although it could be very sluggish at times. The hotel also have a number of facilities: spa, gym, karaoke. However, I didnt get the chance to use them and therefore cannot comment much. I used their fully equipped conference rooms for meeting and the staff was responsive to requests.
Hotel location is quite central, and there's a decent bakery (Holland Bakery) right next to the hotel in case you fancy some snacks or cake.
On my second stay, which was longer than the first, there were a string of problems:
1. The food served for breakfast was cold. In general, the food/restaurant left a lot to be desired.
2. One of TWO elevators were out of service twice during my stay for an extended period hence people had to wait forever to go up/down.To make it worse, the hotel was quite full at that time and the overload alarm rang although the number of people on the elevator was only half of the max capacity stated on the elevator wall.
3. Found a hole on my bed cover
I still rate this hotel 3 star mostly due to its facilities, newness and value for money. They still need to improve the restaurant/food quality and some other areas as I mentioned above.
One good reminder: make sure you close your door when leaving your room since the door does not self-close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting new standards for hospitality industry in the of Pekanbaru. Comprising total of 168 rooms and suites, located in heart of the city, just a mere 15 minutes from Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport and strategically located among governmental buildings and major office buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Premiere Pekanbaru by ZHM reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.