“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 41 things to do in Kintamani
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hikers will enjoy climbing this volcano, and the rewards of the views into the crater and of the crystal clear waters of Lake Batur. (Note: visibility may be limited during the rainy season, Dec.-March.)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love this place, every time i come down to Bali always spend my 2-3 days to stay in Kintamani.
I love hiking to Batur Volcano and my friend Swan is always be a great Guide takes me on the Trek.

8  Thank Adrian R

Reviewed December 26, 2012

An amazing experience. We were taken to the base of the volcano to meet our wonderful hiking guide at 3am. We then set off for a 3 hour hike up the volcano in the dark and jeepers I am glad it was dark for when you get to the top and realise how steep the drop from the tiny path you just climbed it gave me butterflies!
The sunrise was worth all the physical exhaustion and the guides organised eggs and tea and toast for everyone. Sadly some people fed the monkeys which made them all start fighting which was upsetting but other than that I loved the experience. Our guide then showed us around the volcano - so beautiful to be out in the natural environment. We then set off on the descent back down, with the sun now up we could really enjoy the views and how far we had actually climbed. What an amazing adventure!
Make sure you wear comfy clothes and sensible climbing shoes take water, hat and that sort of thing!

4  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our kids have never seen any real volcano except on TV. They love it and were very excited to know that it is a live volcano.

The scenery is nice and the restuarant allow us to take photo at their balcony even though we do not eat in their restuarant.

It is an hour drive from Ubud. Although, there is nothing much there, just take photo and go, i still find it worth to travel all the way there just to see the volcano.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Its about 1hr plus drive from Seminyak. The view was amazing directly from the restaurant seating. Arrive around noon for lunch. Sky was slightly dark and the temperature was rather cooling.
Sadly, the restaurant (I cant recall the name of the restaurant) that I had my buffet lunch was extremely awful. Food looks good but taste awful. I paid Rup 100, 000 per pax. Suggests to have your lunch somewhere else for a decent good lunch.

2  Thank AIREN
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Beautiful view..really nice landscape. Thoroughly enjoyed it, had lunch directly opposite the mountain, priceless. For nature buffs it is recommended.

1  Thank EUTrav