“A Must Do!”

Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Kintamani
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hikers will enjoy climbing this volcano, and the rewards of the views into the crater and of the crystal clear waters of Lake Batur. (Note: visibility may be limited during the rainy season, Dec.-March.)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We went there specifically to climg Mount Batur for sunrise and we were not dissappointed. The climb in itself is not that easy but manageable though. Unfortunately when we reached the summit in time for sunrise it was very cloudy but eventually did clear.

1  Thank TequilaPepita
Write a ReviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This hike was a very interesting hike for us. We got picked up at about 2 am from our hotel and we started hiking as soon as we reached destination with a flash light. It was definitely a first to engage in that kind of hike. The trail was a bit tough and rough especially on the way up and I don't think I would have been bold enough to do it if it was not still dark when we started. Once we reached the top and experienced the brilliant awesome wonder of God's creation, the sunrise, it was at that time that I felt it was worth it. The guides made us some breakfast and hot tea when we got up there. It is a picture perfect scenery up that second most active volcano in Bali. I actually hiked this volcanic mountain in June of 2010. I would recommend it to adventurous travelers. Well worth it!

1  Thank Blimey2010
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We did the 4 hour hike up and down the mountain. It was 2 hours each way and it was much easier coming down than up (of course). I can't lie, I was not fully prepared for it. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but about half way up I wanted to throw myself , or push one of my friends (lol), off the side. Once we made it up, it was all good. We used Budaya Tours Bali and the guides were most helpful. We were fed breakfast and when dawn came, it was all worth it. The cost was about $70/person which seems a bit high, but considering they picked us up from the hotel, dropped us off, water throughout the trek, and breakfast, I think it was well worth it. They were even willing to go up a bit higher if you wanted to trek a bit more, which I declined.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The day was nice and cool, but the clouds were in and out so the view of the top was not continuous. The vendors can be a bit 'aggressive', but stand your ground. The drive up and back was very enjoyable.

1  Thank BeachBumBill
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Really good experience to hike volcano. need stamina but not very tough trip. training make perfect. if one never train or seldom do exercise, than maybe will suffer. goos scenary--lake batur can be see.

1  Thank wlysolo