All reviews volcano crater his wife quiet place the owner krishna nest community steam route spiritual hosts treks valley temple tourists tours hike
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing experience yesterday. This hidden place is beautiful and the tours to Batur volcano are the best. I forgot my wallet with money and my passport and they brought it to me with everything in it. I have no words to thank them all they did.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Guys, the hostel is so great, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. It's total silence there, and combine with the view it's just amazing.

Krishna the owner it's a great guy, will help you and advise you were you should go.

If you want to book the tracking book it there, it's the best place to book it, when you get to the top only you are there no one else- if you book from other places there will be like 100 people.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank roxibeni
Reviewed August 31, 2018

The hostel is actually a hotel with shared bathroom and showers. The beds are comfortable, the location is perfect for climbing the Mount Batur.
The owner Krisna and all guys working with him are just amazing. That kind of truly good people that make your travel special. It was amazing to meet them and they made the utmost to make my stay.

I hired the hike of Mount Batur with them and I would strongly recommend you dont book anywhere else. You will have the best experience and avoid the crowds if you book at the hostel with the local people.

I would stay at this place again and again!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Very serene, comfortable and quiet place with lovely staffs and owner. Nothing to complain about :)

Everyone was so welcoming and warm! They offer a special tour to Mt Batur for sunrise trekking, which allows them to leave later and to cover more places than ordinary tours due to their close proximity to Mt Batur.

Although we didn't get to trek (due to prior ankle injury), we managed to get a gorgeous sunrise view from Pinggan village nearby, as well as a bonus of Milky Way at night.

Recommended to visit with a group of friends, and I will definitely come back here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at Bunbulan Hill Hostel and have nothing but positive things to say about the place. They picked me up from Ubud and brought me to the hostel where the host greeted me!

I had read really positive reviews about how friendly they were and they were true to their word. Krishna and his wife were the nicest hosts I've ever encountered! They helped me with anything and everything! Really genuine people and so funny and genuinely interested about their guests.

Through them you can organise a trek up Mount Batur. There are three different types of treks to chose from and they go a different route to the hundreds of people coming from Ubud and beyond. I was so lucky to get to see the sunrise and have an amazing trek! I got a little lost at one point and ended up on top with all the hundreds of tourists but the guide found me and made me feel better. The trek took about 6hours and we went back down a different way through all the back lava and away from the crowds. Our guide cooked us a nice breakfast by cooking bananas and eggs in the hot spots that had volcanic steam and made us tea and coffee! It was really fantastic! Well worth the money!

The hostel itself is cute and small. There is a little restaurant on site that offers some meals and drinks and a nice garden in the middle to relax.

Couldn't recommend it more for a chilled out time and the best way to hike Batur for sure!

Trip type: Traveled solo