All reviews spring pool great location batur volcano hot water the owner soap wayan trek shower guide views lake
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night in this hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean (4 beds dorm). The area is super calm and relaxing , with a hot spring pool and an amazing view. The staff and the owner of the place have been very welcoming : welcoming drink and biscuits, free coffee and tea anytime. The food was great and not expensive. The breakfast is perfect. We also booked a tour to do the mount Batur hike via the owner. He organised everything for us and our guide was amazing. I could only recommend the place for a relaxing time and a good departure place for hiking.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

Was here with kids. This place is highly recommended. Immaculately clean, hot pool, and the view is just amazing overlooking Batur lake and the mountain. Its so peaceful. And the hospitality is there. Can't rate it high enough...
We took dinner and it was nice. Menu can be extended, but overall our experience is one of a kind.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

my friend and I, we been only 1 night. We did the batur trek, that's why we choose to get this hotel.
Staff and owner very friendly, professional service. Food is very good. Room are goid, confortable bed, private bathroom with soap. Cold and hot water, just cold water on red handle and hot water on blue.
Carreful as it is the opposit of the rest of world.
This guest house have small hot spring. Water has change every night
Guest house near batur volcano way to trek.
It was for us a fantastic experirnce.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

the actual place is okay... there is no soap in bathroom the beds are nice the hot spring pool is nice but... first night i opened door because it got really hot and one of the workers decided to just step in and stand there? i turned on my phone and asked what and he said he was just taking care of me? next and final night(around 9pm..) this other guy that had taken me on the tours decided to knock on my door to tell me the taxi driver would be there at 8am but he also forced a hug and kissed me on the lips... i thiught because there were other guests nothing woud happen but guess not... good luck if you decide to go here but seriously you shouldnt its better to do the day trips from kuta...

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2018

This place has a great location - its right at the foothill of Mt Batur, and facing Mt Agung and the lake. So the view through the day, and especially in the evening if the moon is rising, is phenomenal.

Getting to the place requires a 10 min walk into the village from the main road (not much an issue unless you need to visit the shops when its dark as there's no street lights).

Unfortunately our beautiful trip was marred by a bad experience. The place has 2 single rooms and 1 dorm room (6-7 beds). The dorm is a large hall with a cabinet - I don't recall exactly but I think there was no AC/fans (which was OK in the evening as it was cold)

I was told I would get the dorm for my family - so I confirmed on whatsapp whether the bathroom was attached or not. I was told it was. When we landed there we saw it was indeed attached, but on the side - so you have to come out of the dorm room, and turn left to go the bathroom. This was a major inconvenience since we had kids and women and since it was cold in the evening.

When I met the owner I had a chat with him complimenting him on his property. At the end when I just so much as mentioned the bathroom issue, he suddenly raised his voice and started shouting "What more do you expect etc".

This would have been a non-issu.. except for the owner's shouting at 8PM in the pitch dark and for me as the only guy with my family, it was a bit intimidating. I said Ok and returned. However my mind was upset and so we decided to cut short our trip and move out the next day. Next day when we tried to arrange a car for us, the hotel guys tried to scam us by forcing us to take 2 cars (when we had come in just 1) - which forced me to walk down to the village and spend an hour trying to find another agreeable car for us.

There are 2 kitchen staff who don't really help around much with anything except the stated food which is a choice from a very small menu. (Which is OK if you know that you are just spending a night in a hostel type of place and not a full hotel).

Won't be staying here again - even though we can adjust to the facilities - the owner's behaviour was outright unpleasant and intimidating. There are larger (professional?) hotels on the main road.

Date of stay: July 2017