Review Highlights
Relaxing

A very professional company that leaves nothing to chance. Fantastic staff and the locations are... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2019
barbgmk
Trujillo, Peru

On the second leg of our "Orangutan Odyssey" tour, we were met by Avi, our guide from Wow Borneo... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2019
63andcounting
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

All reviews the river four days top deck proboscis monkeys camp leakey air conditioned day cruise tanjung puting national park left early local communities gold mining other guests an excellent guide off the beaten path shared bathroom local dishes spot wildlife
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

I had wanted for many years to come to Borneo and see orangutans and this tour far exceeded my expectations! The boat was spacious and comfortable and the rooms were wonderful with a really nice bed and a private bathroomIn the 4 days we visited two feedings a day and saw a great number of orangutans and even saw wild ones along the river bank! We took many treks through the jungle including a night hike with headlamps, and we also were able to visit a village, see palm oil trees which is depressing, and on the last day visit a previously burned area of the forest and plant two trees each to help reforest the area.
This trip was amazing and a dream come true for me but what made it even more special was the guide and crew. I never spoke to the captain, cook, or server without seeing a big smile on their faces and after each trek we were greeted at the boat with an ice cold towel, cool drink, and snack. The food was phenomenal and so much that if you didn’t go on the hikes you would never be hungry! Our guide, Ria, was fantastic— caring, personable, and knowledgeable beyond her years. After the trip she showed me around Pankalan Bun and when she found out that the airline I was leaving on had gone out of business, she took me to the airport and rearranged my flights to make sure I was able to continue my itinerary- really saved my life!
There are some trips that you don’t mind coming to an end and move on, but this trip on such a wonderful boat and with a fantastic staff could have gone on for a month and I wouldn’t have gotten tired of it. The itinerary is great, the views are incredible, and it’s more than well worth the price! I would absolutely recommend to anyone to go through WOW Borneo if you want to see orangutans, relax with incredible views, and meet some of the nicest people in Indonesia!

Date of experience: July 2019
IbuGaye, Owner at Wow Borneo, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thanks Jim for your glowing report of your trip. Here we are very proud of this amazing natural destination - it is an outstanding way to see orangutans in their natural habitat whilst cruising through the beautiful mangrove and forest landscape

Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

The boat we had, with 5 cabins all with ensuite bathroom and toilets, of which only 3 were occupied, was large and comfortable. Food was excellent and staff very efficient and friendly. Our guide from WOW very knowledgeable and helpful. Programme was excellent.

Date of experience: May 2019
IbuGaye, Owner at Wow Borneo, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Hello Meitie,
Thank you for the positive review of your Wow Borneo cruise. We continue to work very hard to keep our standards high to make sure you have a memorable experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

We experienced a great time with Wow Borneo on our three day river cruise. Our guide Avi was a very gracious, respectful young man. The crew was very accommodating and nice. The food was very good. Restuarant quality.
Orangutangs everywhere. The only down side was seeing all the gold dredges on the rivers tearing up the natural habitat.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019

Departed January 7th for a trip that turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done. Four days onboard the beautiful Sekonyer, cruising up the rivers in the Tanjung Puting National Park.

It turned out that is was only going to be my friend and me onboard, so we had the entire boat to ourselves.
The crew (Shyful, Ready, Ian and our guide Mickey - sorry if misspelled the names) was amazing, easy going, open-hearted and extremely serviceminded. We managed to get them to join us at the table for lunch one of the days, which was the first time, for a couple of them, to join the guests at the table :-)
The food was local dishes well prepared by the fantastic cook, it was so delicious. The cabin was nice and comfy and the sundeck with a 360 view was really nice as well, and this was of course where most of the time was spent looking at the beautiful forest and the wildlife.

In total we got to see 13 Orangutangs, most of them by the feeding platforms we visited, but also some in the wild. There was a lot of Proboscis monkeys in the trees directly by the river and they were very active in the morning close by the boat.
We visited Camp Leakey and learned a lot about the fantastic work being done for the Orangutangs, and we went to Pesalat Replantation Camp, where we got to plant our own tree in the forest.

Our guide Mickey is without doubt one of the most inspiring persons I have ever met. His passion for the Orangutangs and the wildlife in general is truly inspiring. His general knowledge is mindblowing, this guy literally knows everything and is amazing at communicating it as well!

If I ever get the chance to come back to Borneo, I will definately book a trip on the Sekonyer, and hopefully with the exact same crew :-)

Terima kasih banyak, for showing us the beauty of the rainforest, and that there is still a hope for the survival of the amazing Orangutangs.
Thanks to Mickey, I am now a foster parent of the adorable Mason :-)

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful few days. Tranquil, enticing and fascinating. Highly recommended. Arangatans up close, good food and relaxation.

Date of experience: January 2019
IbuGaye, Owner at Wow Borneo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

Hello Ian B,
Thanks for your great feedback. Having limited mobility can be restrictive, but the helpful crew made sure that you joined the other guests on all of our activities.
Cheers!