“Bad place ”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Palangkaraya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Bad place ”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Like most comments already suggest ; feels like prison ... Especially the way to go up to the room , no stairs no elevator just a way which makes you feel like in prison . No decent room service and breakfast ... People speak very little English ... No strong wifi .. TV too small .. Toilet inside shower , small and uncomfortable ... Try to avoid this ... Better pay a little bit more and stay at swissbell

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I often stay in hotels all over Indonesia due to work. Main quality of them is more or less ok but this one is one of the worst I've stayed ever in my life. There´s no elevator so you have to go walking with your luggage to your room (up to four floors), which for me it´s not a big deal but can be for elder people. Until a few weeks ago they didn't even have room service and now most of it it's provided by a local restaurant which will take your order for a take-away delivery. The breakfast choices are very limited, mostly only traditional Indonesian food.
The rooms are very small, most of them are practically torn apart and the bathroom is so small that is divided into two separate parts, one with the shower and toilet and the washroom and mirror outside placed in the main room nearby the door. Beware of the rooms nearby the open terraces because they'll attract insects which can be quite noisy and room invading.
Last but not more important, beware of the laundry service, two times I gave them my clothes and they came stained with some kind of oil which can't be cleaned afterwards!
If you have to visit Palangkaraya choose other option.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here beware of the rooms nearby the open terraces due to insects.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Palangkaraya hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is not a hotel but a prison ! Rooms are small , dirty , smelly ! No room service ... Breakfast is so DIRRTY . I saw a mouse there one time ... This is far from a hotel ... It's cheap but there are far more hotels in the same category ! Don't go here ...

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights before diving into the jungle via the Kahayan river. It's a fine room, relatively comfortable, and seemed close enough to the things I wanted to do in town. Don't expect luxury here - this is a great jumpoff point but not somewhere I would recommend for long term stays.

The dining hall is smoky at times, some of the rooms appear to have some mold on the walls, the food is OK, and the wifi is good enough for a skype call. C'mon... you are in Borneo paying ~$40USD for a room you actually found on the internet. What more do you expect?

I am a simple traveler with simple needs - I thrive more on exploring than sitting in my room with a robe and slippers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sebastian S
Batavia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

first impression when i arrive there was the stairs, its very long and not to steep good for disabled person, the room is clean and the back view of the hotel is the kahayan river, the electricity is not stable sometimes the TV and air conditioning when off, the benefit when you stay at this hotel is they got airport transport just for only 25.000 rupiah about 3$ of three different airways (garuda,lion,... forget the last one) the bathroom is quite small for my size

Room Tip: choose the back room, more clean and great view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Malacca
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have read some negative reviews before I checked in this hotel but I have no choice, most of the 3 & 4 stars hotels were fully booked last week. The rates here was not cheap for a 2 stars hotel. I have stayed in so many hotels before and this was the first time:
a) I have to carry my luggage and find the room on my own upon checking in , one advantage was, I have saved on my tips.
b)The basin is located in the room and not in the bathroom.
c)I have to plan on where to put my belongings, the room is just too tiny.
d)I have to stayed up late to fight mosquitoes.
e)I didn't have my breakfast for 2 consecutive mornings, always empty trays!
The location was also inconvenient.
I have learned my lessons and I must make my hotel reservations early whenever I am coming to Palangkaraya.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank richard9825
Paris, France
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Don't book a hotel driver to pick you up in airport : we waited 20 minutes for him on day of arrival, and on return the hotel driver drove as a mad man as he was in late to pick up another customer there...
Don't expect a continental or american breakfast and be prepared to eat chicken or fish for breakfast. Breakfast room is mainly occupied by salesmen or businessmen and full of cigarette smoke all the time.
We booked with a discount price for the first day, we extended our stay 5 days but finally they charged us the 5 days without any discount and without warning. After complain, we got only the discount for the first day.
Don't expect to ask anything to the staff or even the manager of hotel if you dont speak indonesian : nobody speaks english there. And dont ask them anything about what to see in town and surroundings : nobody knows.
Don't expect to get a map of town, they dont have any.
Don't expect to sleep late in the morning : the staff is noisy outside the room and really dont care of it.
The only positive point : the bedroom was properly cleaned everyday (although the windows stay dirty... since the creation of this hotel in 2010 - some paint still on it).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple