Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic day in Palangkaraya

We had the most amazing day with julie in Palangkaraya! She was a delight to be with and incredibly... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Kellycdriscoll
via mobile
AMAZING. A PERFECT TRIP

What a beautiful experience! Traveling into the jungle to see the orangutans on the preserve was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
788timothyr
New Berlin, Wisconsin

All reviews jungle trekking national park day tour kids dance traditional dance interesting things to see broad knowledge wild orangutans the river yun festival culture dayak pontianak studio kalimantan village
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

I met Yun and she is one of the passionate guide in Palangkaraya. She has wide knowledge about places to visot and give you an experience about living in Dayak Land!!!

Date of experience: May 2019
Yun P, Owner at Central Borneo Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,
Thank you for your kind review. It is very helpful to promote Ecotourism in Borneo to the world. Hope to see you, again. :)

Yun Pratiwi

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

I went to Palangkaraya in May and stayed at Yun’s homestay. The homestay is simple (no warm water for showering) but really nice! Yun really made me feel at home and was happy to help with anything and answer any question I had. We spend a lot of time talking and I learned a lot about the culture, Kalimantan, and a lot more. This is something you can only get at a homestay!

I also did a day tour which was great. You get a guide for a day who can drive you anywhere and show you around. My guide was Julie, a really nice girl who was able to teach and show me a lot! It was great. We saw the Orangutan, we visited the old town, went swimming in a black (tea-like) river, and had some lovely chats.

I definitely recommend staying with Yun and doing a day tour as it is one of a kind!

Date of experience: May 2019

Yun Pratiwi

Reviewed May 15, 2019

The tour operator provide all accommodation and the tour generally is about nature and local culture. We went to this National park which some area of it is recover from forest fire. I love to see the black, indeed clean water. I was swimming and that refreshing water. I was also very lucky also to see the wild mother and baby orangutan.

Date of experience: February 2019
Yun P, Pemilik at Central Borneo Guide, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Yun P

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Yun is an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable guide with real environmental values. After seeing orangutans and riding in motor boats, we had a lovely simple lunch before heading off on a trek (you will get wet if there has been a lot of rain!) where we saw orangutan nests, rubber trees, orchids and canals.

This tour may seem a bit pricey at first, but buyers will feel good knowing that their money is paying local guides and drivers well, and of course to helping sustain the amazing work of the Borneo Survival Foundation. Plus no nasty 'extra' charges along the way.

Looking forward to seeing Yun again next time I am in Palangka Raya.

Date of experience: November 2018

Yun P

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

My hubby & I had a great time exploring Palangkaraya with Yun & Pak Wondo the driver. They were both so resourcesful & had a broad knowledge of Borneo.
We chose the 2 days tour, visited Pulau Kaja the orangutan prerelease island, went to Ransel buku & did a 3 hours jungle trekking in Sebangau National Park the next day.
It was a very good experience and we are satisfied with how Central Borneo held the tour.

Date of experience: October 2018