Mercure Banjarmasin
G'Sign Hotel(Banjarmasin)
$35
TreePark Hotel Banjarmasin(Banjarmasin)(Great Value!)
$20
$38
Priceline
  • Pool
$20
POP! Hotel Banjarmasin(Banjarmasin)(Great Value!)
$16
NASA Hotel(Banjarmasin)
$27
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshopping mallsoto banjarbiggest mallswimming poolnice hotelin towncity viewlocal foodshotel is locatedplus pointrooms are largesame buildingcomplete facilitiesbig hotelaffordable pricebusiness meetingbussiness trip
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip in February. It's a new property with clean and simple design. The standard room is so big, 3 times the size of a typical hotel room in Europe. Breakfast is good, bed is comfortable, and hospitality is excellent. You feel safe staying at this hotel. Deserve the 4-star rating. Shall be the standard of a clean and neat hotel outside Java. Highly recommended for business travellers visiting South Kalimantan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Davida_Davida
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. Davida,

Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin,

We are happy to receive your good comment and thank you for the feedback given to our hotel and especially to hear some positive comments about the clean hotel, breakfast is good, bed is comfortable, and hospitality is excellent. Also that you feel safe staying at our hotel. We will share with our team so they will maintain and also continue to deliver the greatest service and to make all the customers like you always experience the good memory when staying with us.

Let me take this opportunity to thanks again, and from the management also staff of Mercure Banjarmasin are very happy to welcome you at our hotel when visiting our city.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stay for 3 days with my big family.
Here's the pro & contra:

Pros:
- the room is nice & clean.
- attached to Duta Shopping Mall, easy to find food & for shopping.
- nice swimming pool in the lobby (only several hotels in Banjarmasin have pool)
- the hotel location is very strategic, you can find famous local foods near the hotels (Soto Banjar Abang Amat, Lontong Orari, and Nasi Kuning Depot Rahmat).
- the hotel's pasta is very yummy, don't forget to try their carbonara's.
- try several local snacks in the restaurant, it's worth to bring it as Banjarmasin souvenir (ikan haruan).
- the hotel's staff is very nice & attentive

Cons:
- the hotel only give 1 key for each room. after asking to the front office 2 times, they finally give another keycard.
- always stuck in traffic jam in front of the hotel (Duta Mall seems to be the busiest shopping center in Banjarmasin).
- the breakfast menu needs improvement. for 3 days, we eat the same kind breakfast food :(

Overall, my family have a nice experience stay here and we'll be back if there's another change.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback given to our hotel and we are happy to hear some positive and good comments about the clean room, nice room, nice swimming pool, nice lobby, strategic location, yummy pasta, our local snacks, and also very nice & attentive staff. We will share with our team so they will maintain and also continue to deliver the greatest service and to make all the customers like you always be happy when staying with us.

And for the key card and breakfast that need to be improved we thank you for this feedback and we will use it as a constructive input to be better in welcoming and serving the guest in the future.

We do really glad to know that your family had a nice experience with us. We are all the management and staff are more than happy to welcome you and family at our hotel in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is probably the nicest hotel in banjarmasin.
With the 120 USD published rate, this hotel is probably the most expensive hotel in banjarmasin and also the best hotel in banjarmasin. Situated in Duta Mall floor 7 - 13 (CMIIW, dont really remember the floor), makes this hotel strategically placed for shopping and eating.

Mercure have create a beautiful pool in the lobby and a nice gym place for this place. The pool probably 100 x 200 meter at their 7th floor lobby. The gym is at 8th floor.

The downside is:
- IF you go there with group using the bus, the bus couldn't reach the hotel elevator. So you need to go to the basement elevator, and then lobby elevator, and then room elevator to reach your room.

Why separate the lobby elevator and room elevator when you need key to access the room floor?

Why not make the hotel bus friendly by building a much better access to the lobby elevator?

- The thrash can in their bathroom is made from grey plastic with no top. So if you throw something ugly into the thrash everyone can see it (condoms or tampons), which they placed near the shower. The design of the bathroom is minimalist. Here's a suggestion, if you want to make the thrash can visible do not use that kind of thrash can, use the silver thrash can with top which could cost you 300.000 per piece. If you want to save budget, hid the thrash near the closet and use the top.

- When I checked in at 14:30 they say the room is not ready yet. They are lucky I'm on a meeting so I don't need to check in yet. The only reason I want to check in is because I want to lie down a while on my coffee break.

- My chauffeur says Expect the parking spot to be full on weekends, and the access to the hotel is quite hard because there would be traffic jams. I'm lucky going there on weekdays.

The pros:
- The room is clean, I got the 1155 rooms. Not noisy at all. With bed from my favourite brand Spring Air. They have samsung 32 inch TV with cable (I don't watch TV a lot)
- The hotel is near the only mall in banjarmasin.
- The gym is good the pool is marvelous

I truly recommend this hotel.
It's new, It's strategically placed and it's beautiful

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Aditya,

Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. We do really happy to hear most of your comments are positive about us. Especially about the room is clean, room was not noisy at all, and you liked the bed from your favourite brand, the TV and the gym is good also the pool is marvelous.

Please also accept our sincere apologize for the late room availability.
At Mercure Banjarmasin, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be assure that we take measurable action to prevent the same case happening in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again at Mercure Banjarmasin in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very very good new hotel in Banjarmasin, Indonesia.
Clean, modern, tasteful decor, part of the Accor group.
The hotel is attached to the shopping mall, this can be one of the hotels downside, queuing in a car, to the entrance, which is shared with all the mall shoppers, on busy days.
Staff are the hotels best feature.... Caring, attentive, and hugely willing to make your stay great. Had a buffet meal with all of the management team 2 nights ago and their commitment to succeed was highly commendable.
Restaurant, pool bar, cafe bar, and all food good. Just need to check that what you are ordering, at the bar and cafe, is available from the kitchens.
Laundry service and room cleanliness great. Room Internet can be iffy. Your own wireless router will help.
Why not 5 stars...??? Just really because it isn't. That's all. And in Indonesia, the true 5 star rating is only reserved for a very few hotels.
Don't hesitate to go and stay, if you get chance.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. Your positive reviews was truly one of our favorite!. We share it in our daily briefing. I am glad to hear that you are happy to stay with us which provide you a clean, modern and tasteful decor. Also about your comments about staff caring, attentive and hugely willing to make the stay great. Also your positive general comments about our hotel. These are really our main purpose to make our guests happy and smile.

Once again, thank you so much for your positive review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again at Mercure Banjarmasin in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

General Impression
I checked in into this hotel late in the evening with my other 6 colleagues after long trip from Tanjung. We only stayed a night because we had to catch up the flight right next early morning. Since we had to share the room with my colleague, we tried to ask two keys for our room. The reason being that because I need to take a proper rest immediately since I wasn't so well while my colleague would like to take a sightseeing in the mall located next to the hotel. By having two keys, I hoped that my colleague was not necessary to disturb me whenever he entered our room. But the receptionist refused to give us two keys. I tried to explain that I never had this experience in other Mercure hotel, but the receptionist insisted to give us with one key.

The Staff
Very polite and tend to do "text book" service, not to be so responsive with guests need.

The Room
So spacious. Although there are two single beds in our room (means that will be two guests at least expected to stay in this room), there is only one sleeper provided in this room. Maybe it is considered a small thing but I thought the housekeeping has ignored standard service of Mercure Hotel.

The Wifi
Unlike other Mercure Hotel, this hotel didn't proide free wifi.

The breakfast
I didn't take breakfast in the restaurant since I need to leave hotel early in the morning. I have explained this situation to the receptionist and I asked whether I could have my breakfast in my room. The receptionist told me I should call the chef to provide the breakfast. I never had this experience in other Accor's hotel member. Usually receptionist will accommodate my request as guest.

Room Tip: If you need to catch up flight in the early morning, please be sure that you have car to bring you on time in the airport. There is no taxi available in the early morning.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. Your constructive reviews was appreciated and we thank you for sharing with us.

The Staff
Yes it is true our staff is doing their job as per standard we set.

The Room
1 sleeper in the room is our standard. This is actually because we concern to start to become the eco-friendly hotel by reducing the garbage. Actually guest is allowed to order another sleeper when needed. Same issue with the Key card, we try to reduce using plastic as eco-friendly reason but supposed to be when the guest request another key staff should provide it. Another eco-friendly thing is we are non-smoking hotel for indoor.

The Wifi
We actually provide free wifi on 8th, 9th, 10th floor and for 11th and 12th floor using cable but it is free, too.

The breakfast
We do apologize for your experience, we already made a reminder for the concerned staff. The early breakfast is set up every morning for breads and hot drinks available next to the reception in the lobby. Actually staff should inform you that breakfast box to go when is requested for take away is possible.

Room Tip:
Taxi can be arranged in the evening for next morning booking due to the taxi availability in the city is not as expected.

At Mercure Banjarmasin, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.