“Not convenient location”
Review of Cap Saint Jacques

Cap Saint Jacques
Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Vung Tau
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We came in a tour group of 26 and stayed there for one night.

Though it has two swimming pool, one is closed and another you need to cross the road and show the in-charge your hotel bracelet.

The room is comfortable but wi-fi is not free.

The hotel is far from the centre which is quite inconvenient. Vung Tau is well-known for its seafood but we need to take the coach in order to enjoy the food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martha L

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel. The hotel is quite old, and would really need some improvements and modernization. In addition, if you want to go to the see, the access is not direct, and you need to cross an avenue. Same for the swimming pool.
In addition, the hotel is not close to the town center, which means that at night, it is difficult to go out without taking a taxi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Cap Saint Jacques is an above average 4 stars hotel next to the main beach of Vung Tau. The staff is pretty nice and professional and the room we took (we were three friends) was confortable and clean, with a free fruit basket, a mini fridge and everything you need in the bathroom. The mattresses, on the other hand, were quite tough. The good thing with this hotel is that you don't need to walk long under the (powerfull) sun to chill in the water: the sea is just on the other side of the road (be ready to pay if you want to have a deck chair, they are not included). Also, the hotel has two swimming pool, which are nice and convenient. By the way, one of them is constantly under the watch of a (sleepy) lifeguard. I could not tell about the breakfast because we missed it (nightlife in Vung Tau can be tough...). Do Not hesitate to bargain about the price, at least half of what they tell you.

Room Tip: In one word: bargain! The price they will tell you can reducce by half.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexis R
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located right next to the beach the hotel has two swimming-pools. Always good to chill in it after a sunny day. The service is great specially the two girls at the reception. They are pretty open on bargaining the price. We have been surprised when they said yes after our first proposal. Also they are quite professional on the service. However the hotel is located a bit far from the downtown, it is better to take a cab.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dylan E
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Been a while since I last stayed but enjoyed it when I did.
Not too impressed with food, so tended to eat out in the evening.
OK for lunch breakfast.
They have some nice 'food festivals' (well they did when I was there)
in the evening, in the courtyard.
Rooms nice, try and get one with a seaview.
Close to the beach, which can get a bit untidy due to the Vietnamese
habit of simply dropping food, plastic bags, etc., when they have finished with
them wherever they happen to be standing, efforts are made to clean it up
so it is not always bad.

Room Tip: As with all coastal hotels try for a room with a seaview.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Colin O
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked 3 rooms on Feb,23rd .13 as we just want to stay over night in Vung Tau. you can see the the driver way is very dirty with a lot of trash around garden pots.
when I checked in to my room ( my rooms was 310) the horrible smell came from the bathroom and found that the Housekeeper didn't change the duvet cover from previous guest , you can see from the wrinkle , hairs, smeeling .. I did call the Housekeeper to change the duvet for us and she is very nice by saying sorry and changed it immediatelly,The Executive Housekeeper need go to check /inspection the room as the shower liner was filthy,very black ,mold around bathtub caulking..... I couldn't take shower and enjoying in my bathroom as I coulnd't stay in my bathroom more than 15 minutes , water leaking from the pipe ( around the toilet ).

as I have my friend who want to cook some kind of food for us so we come down and asking 1 of the lady who worked at the restaurant that can we get 1 table for our family dinner or not ( for 6 persons who stay in your Hotel , rm 310,308,306) and we want to pay 1.000.000 VND for table but she said that there is no way to get this prices , the only thing we can have a table for dinner we have to pay 30% on our drink and based on our food . I tried to explained her that I do understand that the hotel will charged 30% on drink when we book wedding, birthday party and bring our drink into the hotel but this is not , we are your guest here and just want to have small tableto eat with the food that we miss it since we are staying in united state.instead to be flexible or talk nicley to custommer ms Yen ( cashier) had very rude attitude to me and even don't want to talk to me or look at me when I tried to ask her =Excuse me 3 times may I have your name ( she didn't wear her name tag on her uniform)( after she gave us very bad look) and she asking us if you guys don't want to pay 30% on drink you guy can walk out to the Hotel and seat on the beach to enjoy your food there ... this is very bad attitude to customer and inprofessional way in 4 star Hotel

Finally , I met Mr Tho who is duty Manager(FOM) and He talk to us in professional way and solved the problem,also offer us 1 table for dinner ,Ofcourse we gave the waitress very nice tip and order some more food from the restaurant instead.

Since I worked at Hay Adams Hotel- leading Hotel of the world and 5 star Hotel ( sofitel saigon , sofitel royal angkor, Marriott Hotel in USA-18 years in Hotel business) I never and ever seen any employees as Mss yen who didn't know how to perform . serve and proper answering to customer like her. she need to be sent to Hotel school to learn how to be worked in 4, 5 stars Hotel otherwise she will be the one to destroy your Hotel ranks (4 stars Hotel).

The cleanliness is very importance in your Hotel that need to be improved.

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff is generally nice, Wifi is free and everywhere, buffet breakfast is ok if you just need bread and tea.

Room and toilet is outdated as other reviewers said, King size bed is actually combined of two 3-feet single bed, air conditioner is so noisy that I have to switch it off. TV gets only Viet channels

The location is ok, cross the road and see the beach, weather is good in Jan.

At Thursday night Vang Tau street is really dark, quiet and empty, surely different from Phuket and other tourist beach which is busy 7-day a week..

Overall, I think it is 3-star hotel which you can't expect much

Room Tip: Room on east can see good sunrise.. Room on west can only see the car park and Karaoke/massage club
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple