“great aussie breakfast”

Ranked #10 of 158 Restaurants in Vung Tau
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A great little find in Vung Tau serving a wide range of international and local dishes with icy cold beer. It is just around the corner of Phan Chu Trinh st and Luong Van Can st .Next to Hong Binh apartments, open 7.30am until 10.30 pm. Mainly frequented by long time expats and short stayers.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

not hard to find ....... and everything the western visitor needs from good aussie food (for the homesick) and every kind of expat help you need ..... from visa extensions to motorbike and car hire, to trips around the countryside. I was only a visitor but the popularity of the place with tourists, especially aussies, is a sign their reputation is well deserved ........

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have called in to the Watering Hole for a couple oe meal, breakfast and dinner, and have always had great service from Luyen and her staff. Prices are good and very little delay in getting a meal. Beer price are OK and if you get a chance to go to their BBQ buffet, GO. I shall return.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Tucked away in a back street it could be hard to find. Has several yummy lamb dishes and when we were there imported Australian beef was on special. My friend ordered a 400gram steak and I had rack of lamb with mint sauce gravy for 220,000dong. Good value considering the cost of imported lamb in Vietnam. The staff were extremely friendly and made every one welcome. The night we were there it was filled with mostly middle aged Australian couples. By the way they were greeted I would say they have become regulars. Will make it my regular port of call next time I am in Vung Tau.

1  Thank DirtyPierreOnTour
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This the best restaurant I have been in in Vũng Tau. The food is absolutely great and the staff are so welcoming. Luyen the owner will find you accommodation, hire you a car or motor. Bike. It is no trouble at all so on your next visit go and see for yourself

1  Thank 6,970
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited the Watering Hole yesterday and again today on my way out of town and found it to be very well run with English spoken and understood, the food was very very good and the portions generous. Ms Luyen the owner could not have been more helpful as I needed a hotel but had arrived at their Independence Day and everything was booked up. No problem for Luyen who had me follow her on my motorbike to several places eventually finding me a great room at a reasonable price. There was nothing in it for her and said it had been a pleasure to help out a traveller from NZ. Lots of Kiwis and Australians frequent the place and it feels a little like home. Can't recommend the place enough, both for the food ambiance and the unselfish help offered by Luyen.
I will be going back!!