See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

The best resort at Ho Coc location. Huong Phong resort are 4 star standard. Fully equipment with modern facilities, comfortable when stay here. Restaurant sea view and so big availability for 1.000 person. Swimming pool near the beach. Have a long private beach so good for teambuilding, conference room are full services, VIP conference room for important meeting, seafood very delicious and fresh. Buffet every weekend and city tour every day. The staff so helful and smile every time and very friendly, i will come back with my family next time.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Great bungalow and the artificial beach/swimming pools were fine. Very good and mid priced restaurant. Cost 2 of us 2.5m for 4 big meals. Some staff were nice. Great night sky for sunset and star gazing. Really enjoyed the outside shower.

BEACH & SEA: the artificial beach was very nice. The actual beach by the water line is disgusting. I have never seen pollution like it and I've been to some pretty polluted places. Full of industrial, fishing and domestic waste including lots of oil which ruined my flipflops. There were also lots of smashed lightbulbs and fishing equipment and other glass items which is extremely dangerous. It was also totally full of dead jellyfish and cuttlefish. If you are at all wanting to swim avoid this place and this whole area. YOU CANNOT SWIM IN THE SEA HERE. It was pretty upsetting to be fair as it's totally ruined. Don't even walk on the shoreline, I didn't realise how bad it was before I went there. Very disappointed as I love to swim. I should have read more reviews.

Very few of the staff spoke any English which made some things hard. Lots of uninformed staff lie around in the day and are very rude if you try and talk to them.

In the middle of nowhere. Literally. We got a taxi to the resort and they have no scooters, bikes or any other way of going anywhere apart from very expensive taxis. The reception staff were totally unhelpful in organising transport apart from taxis and sounded like a tape stuck on repeat. We were here for two nights and totally bored. Fine if you want to sit on a sun lounger and read a book, nothing else.

Would not recommend this to anyone who would want to leave the resort. You have 1 bar and 1 restaurant and both were totally empty. We arrived on a Friday and we were the only guests. We walked for 45 mins to reach another hotel's restaurant.

The hotel is also unfinished. The spa and two other restaurants were either non existent or not open. Like a ghost town. Overall poor and a disappointment despite some good aspects.

I do not recommend. Go to another area of the country that has nice beaches, or go to Thailand...

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James T
Reviewed October 10, 2014

Not nice at all, I think the service is not good.
The employees are not helpful and sometimes even rude and I think it is not worth the money.
I do not recommend other people to go here.
We went in a group and I had no choice.
The other reviews here about this resort describe the place quite well.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Van Khiem V
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Expensive for what it is. We got a bungalow which was very well decorated but because the mosquito nets are only around the beds every time you leave it you get bitten
We couldn't even get a towel for the beach because the staff didn't speak English ...at all

The worst was the restaurant. The meat was soooo raw so they cooked again but it was incredibly chewy then the veggies with beef had no beef and after a long time of trying to explain they understood and the pork ribs were so tiny.

You better go somewhere else

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Argaussie
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is most likely the worst place I have ever stayed in Vietnam. The place calls itself a 4 star and sometimes even a 5 star, but that is not justified at all!!! If it was not for work reasons which have to make me have to stay here for long period (over 3 months now), I will never even think of staying here.
I noticed that the resort and staff are very good in being consistent in inconsistency.
The service is terrible, sloppy, sometimes even rude and not accommodating at all; whether it is the reception in Phu Duc hotel, the service for breakfast and dinner in the Falling Star restaurant or the guards opening the gate late at night, there is no feeling of being welcome and respected here.
The food service is one day this, the other day that. Sometimes you even get an answer from a waiter not to order dishes as the taste is not good.
Most of the staff does not speak English.
For breakfast, if you ask for cheese on your eggs, the attendant is very quick in telling you to take it yourself from the other side of the buffet, if you ask the supervisor to take it, he will only do after explaining you are a guest. And of course the eggs are served by that very supervisor of course without cheese.
Overall the breakfast is very poor, they serve instant orange juice! Often items are empty or almost empty, and only refilled when you ask. When you ask about opening times, you get three different answers. Officially the breakfast closes at 8:30 am(!), ridiculous for a resort.
You overall have to wait very long time for the bill to sign in the restaurant, or they even question you to pay in cash as the amount is not much. Really, in a resort I expect to walk around without my wallet.
If you arrive at the resort after 23:00, the gate is closed. The guard of one gate sends you to another gate, where you get to hear that you have to go back the one where you were sent away.
If you ask for extra cheese on your spaghetti, the waiter of the pool bar is telling you that is too far to pick up and walks away.
Dirty cups are not cleaned in the room, only after you ask for it.
Laundry is not brought back to the room automatically, only if you ask for it, and then still you might receive the wrong items.
If you ask for ice in your room, you get to hear that as a guest you can pick up yourself at the restaurant.
And when you complain, there is never a response from any of the management.
Can you blame the staff? Yes, on one way you can expect that staff is using some kind of common sense and hospitality; at the other end you can only blame the management of this place. They are doing a terrible job in training the staff and preparing them to serve guests.
That is most likely the reason why the place is empty, besides my colleagues and other people who are assigned to the project I am working on, you do not see other guests.
I do have to give some credit to servers of the Falling Star Restaurant; Mr. Tuan, Mr. Phu and Mr. Linh. They are the only 3 individuals who seem to have some sense of hospitality. The landscape and gardens are nice and the salt water pool is nice, that is about it, the rest is just poor, terrible and pathetic.

Room Tip: Look around before booking this place!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business