See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Wind has good facilities and thoughtful design. We enjoyed a spacious and airy room with a kitchen. The hotel provides free transport. The front desk staff are very helpful. Highly recommended. Breakfasts are a treat as they are individually cooked and you can have it anywhere in the hotel. Two pools and sauna. Good location.

Room Tip: Get a front larger room. Costs extra but worth it.
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Jay E, Owner at The Wind Mountain Side Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Larry, thanks very much for your time to leave us a thoughtful review. It was certainly our pleasure having you stay with us and it's always so nice to know when our guests have enjoyed the room, facilities, and breakfast! :). Wishing you all the best, Jay (Owner)

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

자동차 주차공간 없음. (호텔앞 인도에 2군데 주차 가능.)
수건은 한개가 젖어 있었음.
수영장은 동네 사우나 냉탕이 훨씬 넓음. 어른4 아이2 여행인데,
다 같이 들어가면 물장구도 못침.

그리고 놀랍게도 전화기가 없음. 객실내에서 프론트로 전화하려면 휴대폰으로 해야함. 그런데 조식은 주문식. 조식 수준은 먹을게 못됨. 인스턴트 뎁혀주는 수준인데 기름 냄새 나고, 짜조는 동네 슈퍼에서 파는 짜조.

주차장에 자리가 없다고 5분거리에 다른 리조트에 주차하면 지들이 픽업해 준다함. 베트남 2성 호텔에도 묵어 봤지만 이런 소린 살다 처음들어봄.

붕따우에 4번째여행이고 각각 임페리얼, 시사이드, 란룽에 묵었지만 이 호텔이 왜 거기랑 비슷한 가격대에 이렇게 높은 평점인지 이해가 안감.

1박 하기도 전에 그냥 나가버리고 싶은 생각 몇번이나 했는지 모름.

Don’t have parking place, wet towel, too small swimming pool.

Breakfast are oil smell, dry bacon. i’m sure they are using not clean oil. Spring roll are can buy every mart.

Don’t have parking place for car, so they said parking other resort and they pick me in there.

When say swimming pool are small, they said go to other resort.

Don’t have phone in room. Can not call to them.
If u don’t have vietnam number, that is make u terrible.

I was visit vung tau 4times. This time is worst in my trip ever.

1  Thank 134trainer
Jay E, Owner at The Wind Mountain Side Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear 134 Trainer, we always value guest feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Your comments are valuable and have been reviewed by the whole team. I would like to deeply apologize that we didn't meet your expectations during your trip. I can only say we are sorry we didn't have the chance to make it right while you were here, because we will always work hard to overcome any issues when we are given the chance. In fact, our commitment is so extreme that I (as the owner) have posted my personal mobile number inside every guest room so that you may contact me with any issues you might feel are not being resolved, and I will personally ensure your satisfaction.

In this case I must add some context to the comments posted in your review. While it's true we offer a few parking spots immediately in front of the door of our Hotel, we have unlimited parking at the Resort next door, which we will happily offer a shuttle to reach anytime if you don't want to walk. It is normal that the parking area of a business is not always directly in front of the door. When you disagreed and chose to park where it's not allowed, we Kindly asked you to move your vehicle which was a cause of upset.

I'm sorry you were unhappy with the size of the pool, which is accurately depicted in our photos online prior to choosing our property. In trying to help, we offered you and your family free access to our Resort facilities which was an offer made out of kindness, and which you and your family took advantage of. It is sad for us to hear in your review, that you were still unhappy even though you now had 3 swimming pools to select from.

It's truly unfortunate that a lightning strike caused our in-room telephone system to fail on the day of your visit, requiring the telephones to be removed for a period of 2 days. However I can assure that our rooms have telephones inside. I am sorry they were not available during your visit, as you are correct this is an important feature of the room.

I would like to share a "dirty little secret" of the Hotel industry with you. The personal shampoo bottles with our company logo are actually cheaper than the small packages of brand-name soap in your photo. It's scary to consider how cheap that makes the shampoo inside of a custom bottle! It also means we are choosing to pay more to offer you a premium product, and the reason we include the note offering our respect for your understanding.

A special feature of staying at The Wind is that we also have free mobile phones with local Vietnam numbers for our guests to use. I have checked with our reception team and I apologize they did not offer this to you, because your wife and other family members are Vietnamese and already have Vietnamese numbers. However I have instructed them in the future to mention this offer to all foreigners, even if they have a Vietnamese wife. I hope that will help avoid this situation in the future because your satisfaction is truly our only goal.

Please accept my humble apology on behalf of the entire team for any further areas which did not meet your requirements.
Best Regards, Jay (Owner)

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights. Just great. Clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Choice for breakfast just small but enough. We'll come back. Cosy rooftop for chill, nice pool area for refreshing..

2  Thank dm-in-vietnam

Hi and thanks for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. :). Our favorite areas are the roof and pool too. It would be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back again. Until then, safe travels!
Best Regards, Jay (Owner)

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here and had a fantastic experience. The service was first class, with friendly, knowledgable staff. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, the pool was lovely, and the room was very comfortable. We booked the economy double room, so it was a little squished for 3, however I peeked through the doors of some of the bigger rooms and they looked huge. The free transport service to local sites was a nice addition, and we were even able to borrow a mobile to call for pickup as we had no local sim cards. The only downsides were the lack of a lock on the bathroom door and the fact that the emails which I sent before our visit were never answered.

1  Thank Heather K

Hi Heather, it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit at The Wind. We really appreciate the time you took to leave us a review! I'm glad you were able to make use of the free shuttle bus, it definitely saves on taxis and helps knowing you've got a "local friend" to show you around. I have taken note of your suggestions - lock on the washroom and emails, I'm so sorry about that! I will look into it.
Wishing you all the best, Jay (Owner)

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Don’t miss this when u come visit Vung Tau, mountain view Really nice time with my family in this hotel. Nice pool Very clean,Breakfast nice Staff really friendly, helpful, smile. Will come back for sure.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Hong, we really appreciate your recommendation of us. Such an honor! Our goal is satisfied and happy travelers.. thanks for trusting your family time with us, and thanks for your positive review!
Cheers, Jay (Owner)