“Clean and good prices”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ninh Binh
New Queen Mini Hotel
Ranked #40 of 63 Ninh Binh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here 4 night. its clean, cheap and on a quiet location, there were also many other tourist in this hotel when I was there. Reception lady is friendly, speaks English and also German. They have a Restaurant on the ground flour with really cheap and good food.
Only bad thing I noticed, is that the bicycles and motos they rent are not always in good conditions, so check them before going on a trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ended up at the new queen mini hotel having originally set out looking for the original queen mini.

However, this new queen mini where we ended up was brilliant- free welcome drinks, genuinely friendly hosts and comfortable rooms.

The hotel hired us out mopeds to explore the surrounding area of ninh binh (tam coc, mua caves, bai dinh e.t.c.) and were very helpful in planning our day.

On our departure we were driven for free to the bus pick up point. They held our luggage on the day of checkout and let us shower before we left, again for free.

The hotel food was also amazing and reasonable. An all around excellent hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First place I found in Vietnam to be really honest! And find it by coincidence. When we got off the bus, people were staying in front of the bus offering hotels. I tried it and it was worth it Nice and clean rooms for 3 dolars/night. The manager is fantastic, he speaks English really good. He also provides motorbike rent for 5$( you need to pump gasoline for 2$). He gave us a map with sightseeing here. Also it is close to the train and bus station.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am always skeptical when hotel agents are waiting for tourists when they get off a bus or train. However this time I tried my luck and it all went very well. I was lured by the promise of a dorm room for only 3 US dollars. When I arrived, I found a helpful and friendly staff with free internet in the lobby. I was put in a room with 4 other beds on the 3rd floor. But the great part was that I was the only one in that room. It had a t.v. and bathroom. There were only 2 drawbacks. Even after I placed a fan blowing directly on me, it was still quite hot in the room. Also, the hotel is 100 meters from the train station so every once in a while thoughout the night I would hear aloud train whistle. Other than that, it was really nice. I rented a motorbike from the hotel for 5 dollars for the day and they didn't try to pull any kind of scam on me. I checked out in the morning and bought a night bus ticket to Hue through the hotel. I am here at the hotel waiting for pick-up as I write this review. Even though I checked out in the morning, they allowed me to use the internet throughout the day and even let me take a shower in one of the rooms before my night bus since I bought it through them. Overall, I would say this hotel is quite good, especially for the value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, the manager is a fantastic honest man, they are so polite, after the rest of Vietnam I could wax lyrical about this place for hours, highly recommended, also the local businesses around the hotel are very very friendly, Ninh Binh is rated A1

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JWL53
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Mr. Khanh, the man who runs NQM hotel, is extremely helpful. He speaks English well and the prices are fair. They have a restaurant downstairs which is very convenient, fast and very good. He is close to the tracks which is a welcome when traveling with baggage! Renting motorbikes from him is a breeze and again the prices are fair. Overall it has been a very pleasant experience and great place to stay few days while you explore the area!

Room Tip: If you prefer smoke free just say so.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Having been ripped off at the previous hotel I was at, I was a little apprehensive when I was picked up at the bus station by one of the brothers. However, their prices were the lowest so I went to take a look. Big and clean dorm room (non-airconditioned) which even had a TV in it. Being the low season, I had the whole room to myself. The only downside was that being near the train station, there was the occasional noise from the trains passing by.

It is a family-run hotel (which includes the restaurant next door where they serve cheap and decent meals), and the three brothers spoke excellent English. They provided me with maps, information, and were quick to help with any questions I had without being pushy or trying to sell anything.

I ended up going on a couple of reasonably-priced motorcycle tours with them in the time I was there, and the driver was excellent. Very smooth ride, decent English, took me through the countryside which looked amazing, and stopped at the right places to allow me to take some wonderful pictures. He even helped me to check for and remove leeches after a trek in the national park. Extremely kind and patient man who made the trips very enjoyable.

All in all, excellent, honest service and an unexpectedly fantastic experience. Stop by the lobby to have a drink and a chat with the brothers if you have the time,

Note: I took a walk around and noticed many hotels with very similar names all within two streets of each other so just be aware of which one you walk into.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo