“the room cheap but not good”
Review of Thanh Binh Hotel

Thanh Binh Hotel
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i came there by acident.the bus stop us infornt of the hotel.the manager came by a singh after that i dicided stayed there.but ony one night.the room not clean. ipaid 15 usd for the room with balcony.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Walked from the train station in the rain so settled on this place. At first glance of the room (12 USD for a double) it looked alright with crisp white linens and tiled floors. But after some closer inspection the patterned tiles and the wooden furniture had alot of small ants. The bathroom sink also had something on the edge that looked potentially like a piece of rodent dropping... Not entirely sure though. A/c worked fine and there was tv. Food in the restaurant was mediocre at most (had pho and eggs for breakfast) but the staff was alright. They helped organize a bus ride on the local bus to Hanoi for a cheap price. If only they got rid of their pest issues this would be an attractive hotel option!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Lovely area,
Lots of tour options
Ask the information desk staff - they have a lot of knowledge

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Elpel8
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Very surprised to see any bad comments about the staff at this place.... we had a great stay and the owner would have a nice chat with us, helped us with travel arrangements (non-commission stuff), never pressurised us into tours and generally we felt really welcome.
Ok, some members of staff couldn't speak English but in my book that's not being rude or unwelcoming..... how many of us can mutter more than 5 words in Vietnemese?

I thought this was one of our best budget rooms so far (though we have only been in expensive Hanoi!). We paid $12 a night for a large double room with the cleanest bathroom on my travels!! It was a light airy room and since theres not a huge deal to do at night in Ninh Binh, it was nice to chill out infront of the TV at night. And really comy bed/duvet/pillows.

Restaraunt wise, not a huge selection but what we ate was good.

Can't complain.... just a really cute family. Some places you just forget about, but I'll remember this one for being a good'n.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wizardoro
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed for three nights and found the hotel to be good value for the money. The rooms were clean enough, although not quite to the standard we found in other rooms in Vietnam. The staff were a bit of a mixed bag, as there were a few that were great, but the times they were on reception seemed to be a bit inconsistent. Our room was big and the bed was comfortable, and we couldn't really complain for $10 a night. We tried to rent a scooter, but they only had one, but they seemed to be renting them for the going price. The restaurant was reasonable, but not the best value for money. It was a fine stay, and I would go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Was travelling alone as a single female traveller and arrived in Ninh Binh late at night. I had planned to stay at Thanthuy's Guest House and New Hotel but my bus dropped me off outside this hotel and it was too late and I was too tired to find the original hotel. As soon as I arrived the staff were very cold and unfriendly. I negotiated a room for the night for 12$ and was shown to my room. The room was clean enough but after being shown to my room the door was abruptly shut before I could ask any questions. The free WI-fi didn't work the entire stay here, the door was VERY unsecure to the point that I didn't sleep as I felt so unsafe. When I went downstairs to enquire about WIFI, my door that didn't lock properly and when breakfast was served the lights in the hallway were broken so it was pitch black. When I got downstairs a young man who spoke no English was very rude walking away from me as I spoke to him and no help at all. In the morning when I tried to check out I waited about 10 minutes before anyone came to the front desk. The worst thing about it all was this really bad feeling I got about the place the whole time. Checked out and went across the road to the MOST delightful place with the friendliest staff, amazing food, great cheap tours, laundry service and clean, safe rooms - Ngoc Anh is THE place to stay and just opposite.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank vicg2001
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We check in after 3 yrs of staying here and two of our group is from Vietnam. We were quoted 17 dollars and the same day backpakers were quoted 12. When we addressed this issue they said it was all of a sudden high season and were extremely rude. Also when asked for the owners number they refused to give us his number. Hmmm, could she be pocketing the difference??? My guess is yes. I would not ever stay here again! CROOKS!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends