“Very good service & clean rooms”
Review of Ngoc Anh Hotel 2

Ngoc Anh Hotel 2
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Ninh Binh
Reviewed September 10, 2009

First of all I have to ask myself why Ngoc Anh Hotel isn't recommended in Lonely Planet or other travel guides. For people with a low budget and the aim to get in contact with vietnamese hospitality, this is the place to be in Ninh Binh. We had two nice and clean rooms at the backside of the hotel,one without window, so the night was very quiet. The air condition was working very well and the beds were very comfortable. Even the breakfast, which was included, was for vietnamese standards quite good (warm bread & eggs). We booked a bicycle tour - this is a must! The landscape is wonderful (unfortunately they have big constructions going on destroying this amazing and unique place on earth) and our guide was very polite, english speaking and hasn't had any problems to extend the tour for more than 2 hours.
All in all, the stuff was very friendly, polite and helpful. I can really recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellerSeven

Reviewed September 6, 2009

Fantastic family hotel, very kind staff, only ambition is to please you. We made bike tours guided by one of their staff members, Lucky Like, great guy! We really recommend this hotel, fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Nice initial reception from the staff & the room was clean and an adequate size. We hired motorbikes for one day and got the nicest, considerate, most careful driver (possibly in the whole of Vietnam) named Mr Hai. If you hire a motorbike ask for him.

The big issue we has was the bus ticket they booked for us for our onward trip to Hue. It was supposed to be a sleeper bus with toilet - 2 minutes before departure we were given a partial refund and shoved on to crammed, overcrowded bus with no toilet. We had to clamber over everyones bags in the aisle to reach our seats. There was no explanation as to why & it was definitely not what was promised.

1  Thank PMCIG01
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My new and dear friend "Luc" was recommended to me by mates and this recommendation was the best thing that has happened to me in Vietnam. He picked me up from the train station, personally took me to Tam Coc and on the first night took me out to a local Bia Hoi where he saw to it that I try many new and wonderful foods. We ended up in my room watching football, drinking beer until the wee small hours!!!

The hotel is cool, clean, cozy and very well priced. The entire staff (not only my new brother Luc) are exceptionally friendly, warm and accommodating and can cook a mean feed!!

It is very central in the city and the motorbike hire facility is awesome for exploring the gorgeous countryside.

The last night I was there, Luc took me to a friend's family home where I was treated to an unbelievable feast - a few too many rice wines and a feeling of what life should really be all about.

I urge anybody coming to Ninh Binh to stay at this hotel and befriend Luc - as he goes as far as he can to look after you and make sure your stay is well, well above average.

10 out of 10 for the hotel - but 11 out of 10 for Luc!!! He's a real gem!
Tell him Seb from Australia recommended you - he loves it! :)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank DrSeb
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is a lovely guesthouse with even lovelier staff. They are all super friendly! Our room was small but clean and had all the necessities and also cable tv and in-room wifi that worked very well. We had a great time renting bikes one day (30.000 dong) and hiring motorbikes with drivers the next day ($12 for one). The drivers were very friendly guys who spoke good English and would take us whereever we wanted. The food at the guesthouse restaurant was also good and cooked by a very sweet lady. When we wanted to get to Hanoi they called the bus company to have us picked up right in front of the door (not the open bus but the regular bus service to Hanoi). Great place, stay here for sure!

1  Thank due_passi
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Awesome guest house - the booking I made through Asiabookings didn't go through for some reason but no problem, there was a room free. We stayed in a standard room for $12 a night. It was fully air-conditioned and also had a fan, and was cosy but spotless, with cable tv. The one annoyance was some karaoke music coming from somewhere nearby but this ended fairly early and I slept like a baby until about 12pm! The following night there was no music. We ate at the guesthouse both days, and the food was excellent, prepared by 'mum', who even came and had a chat with us when she brought over the food she made. Every member of staff there were incredibly friendly and intent on making our stay as enjoyable as possible, from organising scooters and providing maps to the local sights, to allowing us to use their phone to book our hotel in Hue. 'Dad' even wrote out a message explaining that we were vegetarian in case we met any poblems eating out on our last night [we didn't have any problems, we ate at the hotel with the big plastic cow outside, about a 5 minute walk after turning left on to the main road]. We chose not to sample the 'garlic goat's [--]' on the menu but the food was great and very reasonably priced. Again best customer service I have ever recieved in any hotel/guesthouse/B&B and highly, highly recommended. I'm sure if you asked nicely the family would even travel around Vietnam for you while you waited at thte guesthouse.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Echo all the remarks about this hotel, the staff are fantastic and go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. Mr Tam suggests an excellent itinerary and directions for exploring the area and is always on hand to help - he even sorted out my mobile phone which had not worked for the first week of our trip! The food is excellent - we ventured out one night to a restaurant at the traffic lights and this was definitely a poor decision. Flash bar across the road is worth popping into for a drink - would love to know if anyone else gets 7 shots of Vodka for 25000 VND - the staff poured it like wine and I was glad that the hotel was only across the road!