“Pleasant Hotel run by Lovely People”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ngoc Anh Hotel 2

Ngoc Anh Hotel 2
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Ninh Binh
cairns
“Pleasant Hotel run by Lovely People”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I just left Ninh Binh and the Ngoc Anh Hotel last night, and wanted to make sure that I add my comments.

Having stayed here for 3 nights, I was very happy indeed. The room I stayed in was fine and everything worked. Fast internet connection was a plus, as I need to work while I am travelling. I love my coffee early in the morning, and the owners went out and bought an electric kettle, so I would not have to walk two flights of stairs to the kitchen and get hot water there - how's that?? I was absolutely amazed. The next day was my birthday and Madamme Ngoc Anh brought me a bunch of red roses - I truly can not remember the last time I received flowers, it was very touching. So I took a photo of her holding the vase, which I had printed as an A4 picture and gave to her, too many "thank you" to count.
No doubt in my mind, if I return to Ninh Binh I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank widder47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Address on trip advisor is wrong, the right address is: 26 Lương Văn Tụy, Ninh Binh, it took us around 20 minutes to find the place because of that and we almost gave up, lucky we didn't because this is an excellent hotel.
Very clean, great staff! Helped me fix my helmet by sewing it.
Explained to us with a map everything there has to know about the attractions in ninh binh.
For the price we paid (15$) you get a great room and great breakfast with fruits and eggs and cheese and whatever! You name it and you can choose from the menu as part of a breakfast set.
Overall one of the best backpacker hotels I have been in Vietnam!

2 Thank Shalevku
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is very clean, provides wholesome Vietnamese food, and staff are very helpful. We went on the two day trips to Tam Coc and Cuc Phuong National Park with a staff employee as our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable thanks to being a history graduate. The manager very kindly let us use the hotel shower before we caught the night train to Hue. I would go there again as the staff bend over backwards to help.

5 Thank jb_on_the_move
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Room is very clean, everything works as it should. Staff is very friendly and speaks good English there are 2 hotels with the same name and under same ownership ( 20 m apart) we payed $16 per night; in the second hotel they charge from $25-45.
Breakfast was good , good coffee, baguette, eggs and cheese .
They offer tours, which we found rather high. We went our selfs to Tam Coc and Trang An, by motor bike and payed 100.000 dongs for each site( round trip for one bike)
In our opinion Trang An is so much better than Tam Coc.
Our room could use a chair .

3 Thank Oremilak1
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel as I'd read that ninh binh has very limited food options, we are travelling with children so the idea of good food at the hotel is always appealing. However, the restaurant was disappointing. Food was amateurish and everything came covered in butter....weird! Breakfast was minimal to say the least. Therefore, finding food became a hassle for our 3 night stay at Ngoc Anh.

The rooms were good value, big and spacious. Linen was clean and staff were obliging. The city itself is dull and dirty and I feel what we did could be easily achieved by day trips from Hanoi. However, seeing Tam Coc made it all worth while.

1 Thank sasha060
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We arrived in Ninh Binh and stopped at Cafe Loc on the Highway 1 run into town. The owner reccomended us this hotel around the corner as it was next door to his parents place. We found the staff to be very friendly. Rooms are basic but clean and all was in working order in the bathroom plus free wifi.

We didn't eat at the hotel. When searching for it, turning right off the Highway 1 road you will come to their tourism office first, the actual hotel is a few premises further down. Overall, a very pleasant stay, our VND280,000 room had no window however. Far enough in from the Highway 1 road to be relatively quiet but some horns could still be heard at times.

Room Tip: Maybe one with a window would be nicer but perhaps more noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ngotch
Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I couldn't comment on the value for money on this hotel as I traveled with an all inclusive backpackers tour around northern Vietnam, I stayed an Ngoc Anh Hotel for 4 nights and really enjoyed my time there.

The place was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, a nice change for a backpacker mucking it from time to time. I stayed in a twin room and the single bed was more like a 3/4 bed very comfy. At the end of our corridor was a beautiful large balcony overlooking the sunset of an evening.

The staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for our group, we had cooking lessons with the kitchen staff and they even provided bike hire for us to do some exploring.

Reception had a tab service for drinks and extras which meant we didn't have to go searching for a local shop for water etc. There is also a computer to use free of charge, perfect for catching up on emails from home.

If you stay here be sure to arrange a trip to Bái Đính Temple, which a couple of travelers and myself cycled to. Also try the overnight stay at Cuc Phuong National Park.

Ninh Binh is such a charming place and Ngoc Anh Hotel was the perfect place to stay to really experience the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo