“Great hotel, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ngoc Anh Hotel 2

Ngoc Anh Hotel 2
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Ninh Binh
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

We had such a pleasant stay in Ninh Binh, in large part because our experience at the hotel was so nice.

We were picked up right on time at the train station by the hotel driver, who speaks little English but is very nice. The hotel is a quick drive away (walkable distance if you don't have a ton of luggage).

The only negative would be that our room was on the third floor, and there's no elevator, which wasn't a big deal for us but might be for people with physical limitations.

We went on one of the tours (the one day national park tour) which was excellent. We also rented a motorbike from the hotel for $10/day (they have a range to choose from, as well as bicycles for $2/day).

Our room was $20/night, with a private bathroom, A/C, fan, and a comfortable bed. (Our blanket smelled a little like B.O., but we didn't request another or anything, as it was hot enough that we didn't need one. There was a TV in the room, but we didn't end up turning it on.

The best surprise was the excellent food we ate at the hotel. We're vegan, so we're used to having a difficult time when traveling, but the staff was very accommodating. For breakfast, we ate pineapple and delicious noodle soup, and for dinner, we were given rice and several dishes (different each night) of tofu and vegetables for very reasonable prices. Everything was excellent. There is a vegetarian section in their menu, too. Great place for vegetarians!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Forster, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Getting there: Rang the hotel the morning of our arrival to let them know what time we would be getting to the bus station. They just said call them when we got there and they would come and collect us. Within 5mins of our arrival they were there and took us directly to the hotel. Also they arranged for the bus back to Hanoi to pick us up directly from the hotel.
Rooms: I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Not a hint of dirt or dust anywhere. Rooms had aircon + fan, so we were more than comfortable. Bathroom/toilet was also very clean. Rooms services every day, and the cleanliness was maintained. Rooms are basic, but well worth the $
Tours: organized tours for us to all the places we wanted to see. Including a guide who spoke excellent English, with a great knowledge of the area. Had the option of bicycle, motorbike or car (air con, leather seats - a very comfortable ride) we chose the car due to the 35-40deg days.
Food: simple meals, but everything we had was very fresh and tasted great.
Overall: one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. If anyone is looking to stay in Ninh Binh I wouldn't look anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012
Oro Station, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Located in the centre of town within walking distance of the main market area, the Ngoc Anh Hotel was a comfortable refuge in this somewhat dusty, noisy industrial city. We were met at the train station by hotel staff and dropped off on our departure also. Everything was clean and well maintained. We were in a ‘deluxe double’ with a balcony overlooking the main street that we took full advantage of to observe daily life in Ninh Binh while sipping on a glass of wine purchased from the wine store around the corner. However noisy it got at street level, it was quiet in our room for a restful sleep. They also offer tours at reasonable prices that can be adapted to meet your specific wants. All staff was helpful but particularly the hotel manager who paid very close attention to ensure we were satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Note: It would be easier if Agoda provided email addresses for the hotels with the confirmation in...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and it was one the friendliest places I have ever stayed at. My train was over an hour late but my free hotel transfer was still waiting for me. The room was basic but I not fussy. The bed was a little soft. I ate at the restaurant every night I was there and was never disappointed. Was also very impressed with the free breakfast and due to the shortage of seating would almost always share a table with someone else and strike up a conversation which is a great way to meet other travellers. I did the Tam Coc bike tour through the hotel and had a great time, the guide was very knowledgeable and the scenery was amazing.

I also organised a day trip to Kenh Ga Hot Springs through the hotel. They organised a motorbike driver for me and he was wonderful. I first went to the Cuc Phong National Park to see the Monkey Reserve only and then we headed to the Hot Springs. The scenery along the way was so beautiful. I was glad I had a driver so I could take photos and video as we rode along. My driver suggested a stop at cave along the way and it was the best 30,000 DNG I spent in Vietnam. It was so cool to be in there as my driver and myself were the only ones in there so I got to experience it without the hustle and bustle of other tourists. The Hot Springs was okay, nothing too special, it was the journey there that was memorable. I also went to a local football match with my driver when we got back to Ninh Binh, which was a great local experience.

I am very grateful to the staff for a truly wonderful time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

The room did not look that good, but we thought it would be ok for 10 dollars a night. Good mattress, excellent shower, good wifi in the room and helpful staff. Nice food, considering what you can (or can not find) in this city. We felt cosy. One of the problems is the noise though. There is a karaoke nearby and you can hear people singing out of tune until midnight every night. Also the family running the place lives there, they slam doors early in the mornings, talk amongst themselves from one floor to the other, use the reception area as their living-room. That is not always very relaxing. Also, I forgot my raincoat in the room, the staff never bothered returning it. Night bus for Hue was ok, motorbike was ok, but more expensive than elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is a gem. On arriving in dusty Ninh Binh I questioned our decision to spend three days there. - how wrong. Tourism in Ninh Binh caters predominantly for Vietnamese so it was important to stay in a hotel with English speaking staff. The hotel facilities are basic but spotless. The staff are friendly & helpful; they tailored tours to suit our interests & we had three wonderful days traveling to sites around Ninh Binh. Thanks to Phoung, who was our guide each day, we saw magnificent scenery & gained great insight into the customs & day to day life of the local Vietnamese.

Room Tip: I am glad we booked the dearest rooms , they were more spacious & had a balcony overlooking the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We read great reviews about this hotel, but ended up staying closer to the train station while in Ninh Binh. We asked our hotel about arranging just transportation, not tours, to Trang An and Cuc Phuong and the prices they quoted us seemed quite high, so we shopped around. Having read good things about Ngoc Anh Hotel's service, we went there after checking with a few other places and found their prices to be the most reasonable. David, (I believe that's his name), was very calm, not pushy, and very helpful. He arranged same day transport for us to Trang An and the same car picked us up promptly at our hotel the next morning for Cuc Phuong. If you're looking for the same thing, go with the folks at this hotel-- no need to shop around!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends