New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Hai Phong
Bangkok, Thailand
“Memorable stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We really enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Avani Harbour View Hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Excellent breakfast every morning, options to dine in the hotel and the Cheers pub for drinks.

The location is great and the staff was really amazing. From the warmest, most genuine greetings every day to the many suggestions of activities on what you should do and where to eat whilst in Hai Phong. They really made us feel like we were staying with family.

We highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to enjoy Hai Phong being well taken care of.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMHarbourview, Executive Assistant Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking for quite while to response!

Thank you very much for the nice comments towards AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View.

We were so happy to have such positive encouragement, it really helped us to continue our mission to reach our vision as every guest feel like home and leaves with satisfaction.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I could be of any assistance.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night during a business trip to Haiphong. It is a very nice hotel. the architecture evokes pre-war French colonialist Vietnam in a nice way, understated but with lovely little classy touches that set it apart. The buffet was excellent, the little gift shop is charming, the staff were falling over themselves to be friendly, polite and efficient and the amenities are every thing you expect from a modern hotel. Free wi/fi is a bonus, and the shower although old is a real showstopper - awesome. It is dating a little bit in some ways but everything works and it feels secure and relaxing. When I come back to Haiphong next year I'll be staying here I'm certain. Ticks all the boxes for me - literally cannot find fault.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

My apologize for taking quite while for the response!

Thank you very much for such positive comments towards AVANI Hai phong Harbour View, we appreciate it.

Our vision is to make every guest leaves with satisfaction, and here we are confident that it's on the right way.

The staff were very happy to receive such encouraged comments for our guests, it made us grow stronger.

Once again thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

It was my second time in this hotel and I must say that the Visitors to Hai phong must stay in this hotel due to following reasons....

- It's a beautiful property, specially the reception area and the central courtyard.

- helpful staff, always there to help you. Speak comparatively very good English

- rooms are nice and cosy

- food is excellent

- bar area gives a feeling of being in an English Pub. Great place to have a drink or two

Some tips, those who like Vietnamese cuisine, and do not have qualms for eating food at moderately priced place; do try a restaurant (famous for its chicken) just around the corner (right side when you come out of the hotel). Good food...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank raaheemanwa
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking quite while in response!

We were so happy to learn that you had been feeling comfortable with AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View and being loyal to it.

It's great that you recommended some local restaurants around in order to make the time more experienced. I am very pleased to inform that the new menu for our Nam Phuong restaurant (Vietnamese & Asian) has been launched, an authentic ones to add in.

Once again thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I could do anything to make your stay a comfortable one.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Only stayed for 1 night, so did not use the facility. The room is spacious and comfortable, the service in the breakfast room was surprisingly very good, though the food selection was limited. .......

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

My apologize for taking quite while for the response!

We appreciated your comments about our hotel as well as the service overall - through this encouragement, we will positively continue with our improvement to make things better and better.

Thanks again, and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please contact me if you need anything to make your stay comfortable and memorable.

Escondido, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed one night. The basic twin room was comfortable, there was a fruit plate and a note from Management. There is a folder with a map of Haiphong and other helpful information. The bathroom is bright and spacious with lots of amenities. The highlight of our stay was the buffet breakfast set in a nice dining room with an attentive staff. The Front desk people were helpful.
The room rate is a bit high for Vietnam but there isn't that much choice in Haiphong.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

My apologize for taking quite while for the response!

Thank you very much for your pleased comments towards AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View.

We were so happy to learn that you had been satisfied with our hotel including the efficiency of our staff during your stay with us.

This encouragement is part of our spirit to be moving forward in order to meet every guest's expectation.

Once again thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could do anything to make your stay a comfortable one.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I STAYED HERE FOR 3 NIGHTS.HOTEL LOCATED WELL AWAY FROM CITY CENTRE SO THE LOCATION IS LESS CROWDED.HOTEL ROOMS ARE SPACIOUS WITH HARDWOOD FLOORING.COLONIAL STYLE CONSTRUCTION ADDING A DIFFERENT CHARM TO THE HOTEL. CORRIDOORS ARE TILED WHICH CAUSING LOUD NOISE WHILE ANYBODY WALKING THROUGH.
STAFF ARE VERY VERY SERVICE ORIENTED WITH EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY.

ClOSE PROXIMITY NOT MUCH INTERESTING THINGS TO SEE.Nearest shopping malls 15 MInutes walk away.
While crossing the roads you must be very careful, even green man traffic wont stop.better to look for somebody crossing the road and follow them which safer. Restaurants around here serving wide variety of food including specialities like snake head.
If you are interested in buying wooden carvings which is very cheap (in airport souvenir shops are selling at high price) then you can visit nearby MINH KHAI market which is 10 minutes walking.Need to bargain for a better deal.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TravelMakri
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking quite while to come back to you!

Thank you very much for the nice recommendations and comments towards our AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View, we appreciate it.

We will, for sure, continuously improve our service as well as the conditions in overall to meet our guests' expectations.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back to our AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I could be of any assistance to make your stay with us the memorable one.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have stayed in so many Hotels in Hai Phong before, so when i stumbled upon a great offer on TA i decided to give Habour View a try this time.

Service at the hotel is fair, was told upon checkin that my room did not include Free Wifi which did not bother me but there is free Wifi all over when i did a scan with my phone. Firstly in Vietnam Wifi is free in also every establishment and since I could still log in FOC to Wifi being broadcast to my room just makes me think that the hotel was just trying to inconvenience me n the beginning.

Lobby and architecture of the building is old french colonial style making the whole place look grand. The rooms on the other hand i did not like very much, firstly there was a moldy stench when i entered the room. I tried airing the room but Whenever we left and got back to the room the smell was still there. This means probably the carpets needs a good scrubbing. Everything in the room was aged and in my opinion in need of a refurbishment. The pillows in my room were horribly high and stiff. My Wife and I ended up sleeping without them. Bathroom was nice and bright with good selection of amenities. Requested a room with a view but was given a room facing the office building opposite.

Buffet breakfast was simple with an average spread of food but I really appreciate the fact that they gave me a 3pm Late checkout FOC.

I do believe because of the lack of good hotels in Hai Phong is why this hotel is that much appreciated on TA but comparing with other parts of Vietnam, it should be improved.

Room Tip: Request a room with a Good View.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cyrix_05
GMHarbourview, Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks for staying with us recently, and the valued comments that would help us to improve our service overall as always.

All the points raised from the comments have been reviewed with our team here, most of the matters were believed that could be improved with the proper preparations and communications. Our hotel is not brand new, but we constatntly maintain it to the best. Also, the renovation process in on the way.

Once again, thank you very much and I am looking forward to having you staying with us again in the future. Please contact me any time and I will personally take care of your requirements to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable at the Harbour View.

With warmest regards