“Welcoming staff, cleanliness, and colonial charm... This is is the Harbour View Hotel”

AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Hai Phong
Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very nice and comfortable stay in the best hotel in Haiphong. Staff is really caring. Great barbecue on the friday's evenings and impressive vine cellar. Rooms are well fitted and everything works perfectly well. A perfect stop on the way to Ha Long Bay.

Room Tip: Opt for the superior deluxe with a blacony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Harbour View Hotel.

I am delighted to read of your experience here at Harbour View Hotel and particularly the warmth of our service.

Your feedback allows us to strive to do even better and I hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

Please feel free to contact me directly for future assistance

Socrates Alvaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Greenville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel made me truly sad to leave. Haiphong is a friendly, closer-than-you'd-think community, and this hotel seems to be a meeting place for many expats in Hai Phong. Alan, the sales manager, personally stepped in immediately when my international fax was having problems, and then we had a lovely talk about the U.S. The pool was better than advertised, even on a day when people considered it cool outside. And the food is top-notch: the new chef's aesthetic towards cooking shows, and even fish and chips were tasty. Went over, above, and beyond for me on this stay, never losing a smile.

The grounds are older but by no means run down. The age of the place added flavor for me, as it seems like a colonial era mansion. I came from a newer, sterile European hotel, and everything sparkled there, but it didn't seem at all warm.

In Haiphong, I would definitely check out this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read that we were able to create a very positive and memorable experience during your stay at Harbour View here in Haiphong.

Your recognition of the service provided by Alan and Chef Murtaza is appreciated and as you rightly point out, it is more that the facade and the fabric of the hotel that contributes to a lovely stay. I will share your feedback with the Harbour View team.

We are proud of the charm the hotel lends itself to but more importantly the warmth and hospitality of the associates towards our guests. Should your future travel takes you back to Haiphong, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel was a a wonderful surprise. Stayed for one night on business last week. Hotel was very quiet and had a very warm and charming feel from the moment I walked in. The service from all of the staff from check-in, restaurant, bar, housekeeping was first rate. All had good English language skills and had a great service mindset.
A low rise building with a feel of nostalgia and history made this a wonderful place to stay when in Haiphong. Rooms were well appointed and very clean. Good location in the city.
I couldn't fault this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Harbour View Hotel, Haiphong.

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent business trip to Haiphong.

I would like to thank you for taking your time in sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor and my team and I are delighted that you had a pleasant stay in particular the service received.

Should your trip take you to Haiphong again, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance

Palaiseau, France
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice hotel in Haiphong.
Very warm welcome.
They organize nice visit to Halong bay.
The rooms are very comfortable with a highly qualified personnel
Very good laundry and food
Best hotel around Haiphong
100% recommandation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pierre P
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor and indeed for taking your valuable time in sharing your experience here at Harbour View Hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with our associates. I am pleased that we contributed to a memorable trip to Vietnam and that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel and more importantly, the service our team provided.

Please feel free to contact me for future assistance and on behalf of the team, I hope to welcome you back soon

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was only a one night for us but I could defiantly tell the staff was wonderful. Haiphong is not a generally interesting city but this hotel is a nice place to stay in Haiphong. The food war very good in the resteraunt. The rooms were nice and comfortable with some of the softest beds in all of vietnam. This hotel is a definite must stay in Haiphong Vietnam and I would reccomend it.

• Stayed March 2013
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in sharing you experience here at Harbour View Hotel.

Your recognition of the service provided by our wonderful team is very much appreciated.

I understand that your stay was a brief one but I am delighted that you managed to experience the lovely food created by our culinary team and indeed a good night's sleep.

Your lovely comments will be shared with our team here in Harbour View Hotel

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is top grade not so much to see around the city all museums closed .but a good hotel for business stays ,a litte expensive for veitnam but you get what you pay for ,food good ,we stayed on way to cat ba island but we should of left from halong bay as there was not much to see or do around here mainly a working port but couldn't fault the hotel

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us at Harbour View Hotel.

Although Haiphong is mainly a commercial and business destination, there are some things to do and I will ensure with my team that we do explore all the possibilities to assist with leisure activities.

Please do contact me for assistance on your next visit here in Northern Vietnam.

I shall share your lovely comments with our team

BANGALORE
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Haiphong is a small city and it was delightful to find such a hotel situated in the city. The staff were courteous, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, reminded me of old colonial hotels with large rooms. The food was one of the best during my entire visit at Vietnam. The quantity was good and the presentation was perfect. Room service was prompt and the hotel desk were good in arranging us sight seeing to Ha Long Bay as well as for the trip back to Hanoi airport. The only best option to stay at Hai Phong City

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, General Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us during your visit to Haiphong.

I note your feedback on your culinary experience and our Chef and the team will be proud to hear your comment

Thank you for recognizing our team and the service they provided. Guest feedback allows us to do better and indeed is a great motivation for the team

Should you require any assistance with future visits please do contact me