“Appears to have been demolished”
Review of Du Commerce Hotel

Du Commerce Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hai Phong
Du Commerce Hotel
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Hai Phong
Reviewed January 26, 2010

As at November 2009, Hotel Du Commerce appears to be no more. Redevelopment was going on, so it's possible that a replacement will be built. Alternatives (Monaco, Huu Nghi, Kim Thanh), are nearby.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimeMichelle
Reviewed January 15, 2009

The hotel in Hanoi booked this hotel in Haiphong for us upon our request. It is located in a large colonial building just down the street from a museum. When we walked into the lobby in order to check in at the desk, I noticed a small circular bar over to my left. As I was gazing over that way, I noticed two large rats running across the floor. Then I saw another one run behind the desk where we were checking in. I asked the receptionist if there were rats in the rooms and she assured me that there weren't any residing in the rooms. We had a deluxe room with private bath and no hot water for $22 including all taxes. The bed consisted of box springs and the room looked somethat seedy, just like the hotel, and run down. However, it was a chilly night outside and the heating worked just perfectly. The TV reception was good. The price didn't include breakfast but there was a restaurent name Maxims nearby where we had dinner and breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms in this hotel are huge and if management would clean it up and renovate it, it would be much more attractive and better.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple