Huy Hoang Hotel
  • Room Service
Asia Hotel(Can Tho)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Like most people who stay here, this hotel was included in with 475,000VND (About $25) 2 day 1 night Mekong Delta tour by An Travel (or another reseller eg. Lac Hong Tours) or the 2D1N tour by TNK Travel. The hotel is plain but clean and bright. Bed is a little hard, shower head is weak BUT fine for the one night stay and seeing how the two day tour is only 475,000, it’s a great value.

Wifi didn't work. There is no elevator... luckily, I was on the second floor. Free breakfast was mediocure to poor but edible. Good vietnamese coffee though.

The restaurant next door is mediocre to poor but inexpensive, English-friendly and convenient. I walked to a nearby Com Tam broken rice shop that was much more traditional and tastier. Exit the hotel and turn left, walk until the next street/intersection, cross and turn left. Look for the sign. You should see it right away. It’s about 3 minutes away. Be warned, the menu is only in Vietnamese and without a price. We paid only about 40,000VND for each rice dish including cold tea but we speak/read Vietnamese.

Room Tip: No elevators... so pick a room on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank k-existence
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place has basic and quite old rooms, although they are clean, at least.

It's cheap and in a good location in the centre of town. However, the place lacks any charm and there is no elevator of baggage staff, which makes checking in on the 3rd or 4th floors a real pain (literally).

It does have free wifi but it oly works intermittently.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Merry Christmast 2013 one night before visiting to the Chau Doc by TNK tour. The hotel is old but cleaned and fast connect internet, for me, that's ok. However, the staff is not good because when i need some support from him, he always ask me about tip. I hate that, one of them, not all. But, i think with 13 usd for 2people 1 night, it is suitable price

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is similar to many iv stayed in at the lower end price bracket in Vietnam the room was basic but clean the bed was ok but small hard pillows and woken before 5am by the obligatory cockerel.

What was well below average was the staff, I don't speak Vietnamese but try my best with hellos and thank yous however don't expect the same back in any language, actually don't even expect a smile.

I would never recommend staying here it was part of a tour.

Had I walked into this hotel to the hostile welcome travelling independently I'd have walked straight back out.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel visited through TNK Travel.
Our room was not nice but clean and with tv and ht water. Laundry was cheap and fast.
But we wanted to book bus tickets to Chau Doc and a guy pushed us to book with him. His price was twice what we eventually get from another hotel who took no comission (saigon can tho hotel).
I don t like to be considered as a walking ATM since I am not. That s why I rate it with a 2.
Poor breakfast also.