All reviewsfood tourbudget roomrooftop terracefloating marketfree waterrooms are smallsmallest roomthe riverstorage spacethe busspeak good englishlonely planetfriendly hotelprivate bathroomthe hotel offersmekong tourboat driver
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent an entire month here! Those who work at the front desk speak English, not a guarantee at other local hotels in Cần Thơ. They were very helpful in helping me and my cohort get acquainted with Cần Thơ. Hotel Xoài is located on a fairly busy street, so you will not be very far from food in any direction from the hotel. The rooms are basically a bed and a place to sleep + restroom but for me it was definitely all I needed and more. If you have a bike, those are brought in at night for safekeeping. The rooftop has 2 hammocks as well as an amazing view of the surrounding area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alvin B
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and staff were amazing. We got a stomach bug whilst in Can Tho (some misjudged street food) and staff at the hotel looked after us extremely well.

We upgraded to the deluxe double room which was superb from facilities but nothing for light sleepers as our room faced the busy main road.

It is a good place to experience Can Tho if you don't mind walking a little to get to the river.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at Xoai Hotel for only one night due to a friend visit, however, it's an excellent experience. The room is small but very clean and it creates a comfortable atmosphere with adequate facilities and nice decoration. My room had a PC and hair drier, which I have not seen much in other hotels. It’s good for a cheap price of $10 - $20. The staffs were very nice and they introduced me to the float market at Ninh Kieu Port. They took care of my tour and even arrange for my bus to go back to Saigon. They showed me the friendliness of the people in the peaceful Can Tho city that made me want to have a second visit someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linh N
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked the simplest room, which is just US$10 per night. It was small but had plenty of space under the bed for my big bag, and everything was clean and worked well. They also looked after my motorbike, letting me park it inside the building.

The hotel is down one of the main roads, and Can Tho is small enough that you can get anywhere very easily. There are plenty of places to eat around there and an awesome coffee shop a few minutes walk away down one of the side streets.

The staff are really nice, speak good English, and helped me out with any information that I needed in Can Tho. There were no concerns at all about safety.

There is also a food tour run by one of the staff members that I found really great.

They have a rooftop area with seats and hammocks that you can relax on, too.

I will definitely stay here again if I return to Can Tho.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only stayed one night here. Our room was small but unlike small rooms at other hotels this had a window and was light and airy so it did not feel confined. I think we paid NZ $30 which is unheard of in NZ I wouldn't even get a dorm room in a backpackers for that! The location seemed fine and I was able to explore the alleyways of Can Tho and there was some very good information in reception about good joints to dine at which I thought was a nice touch. The reception ladies have excellent English and seemed very helpful. I think this would be a good base to explore the Mekong region from as there seems to plenty of transport options and Can Tho seems interesting but with out the crazy busy vibe of Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family