All reviews food tour budget room rooftop terrace floating market free water rooms are small smallest room the river storage space the bus speak good english lonely planet friendly hotel private bathroom the hotel offers mekong tour boat driver
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at Xoai Hotel for only one night due to a friend visit, however, it's an excellent experience. The room is small but very clean and it creates a comfortable atmosphere with adequate facilities and nice decoration. My room had a PC and hair drier, which I have not seen much in other hotels. It’s good for a cheap price of $10 - $20. The staffs were very nice and they introduced me to the float market at Ninh Kieu Port. They took care of my tour and even arrange for my bus to go back to Saigon. They showed me the friendliness of the people in the peaceful Can Tho city that made me want to have a second visit someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linh N
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked the simplest room, which is just US$10 per night. It was small but had plenty of space under the bed for my big bag, and everything was clean and worked well. They also looked after my motorbike, letting me park it inside the building.

The hotel is down one of the main roads, and Can Tho is small enough that you can get anywhere very easily. There are plenty of places to eat around there and an awesome coffee shop a few minutes walk away down one of the side streets.

The staff are really nice, speak good English, and helped me out with any information that I needed in Can Tho. There were no concerns at all about safety.

There is also a food tour run by one of the staff members that I found really great.

They have a rooftop area with seats and hammocks that you can relax on, too.

I will definitely stay here again if I return to Can Tho.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only stayed one night here. Our room was small but unlike small rooms at other hotels this had a window and was light and airy so it did not feel confined. I think we paid NZ $30 which is unheard of in NZ I wouldn't even get a dorm room in a backpackers for that! The location seemed fine and I was able to explore the alleyways of Can Tho and there was some very good information in reception about good joints to dine at which I thought was a nice touch. The reception ladies have excellent English and seemed very helpful. I think this would be a good base to explore the Mekong region from as there seems to plenty of transport options and Can Tho seems interesting but with out the crazy busy vibe of Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked a room for 15 USD a night and were told by the reception that it's really just a bed and an adjacent bathroom - and it really was just that. The receptionist offered us a discount for the deluxe room and we took it. It's really worth it - with a private PC for the tired backpacker to stay in touch with friends or family and having a huge collection of downloaded movies on its internal database.
Very friendly staff, fluent in English, can help with anything!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Xoai Hotel is a very good place, in the center of real popular Can tho, walking distance from tourist area. enjoy roof terrasse, very clean, very good athmosphere, staff is fluent english, very helpful and friendly. good music in the lobby.

Room Tip: standart room is small but perfect good value
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends