All reviewsfood tourbudget roomrooftop terracefloating marketfree watersmallest roomthe riverstorage spacethe busrooms are cleanspeak good englishair conlonely planetfriendly hotelprivate bathroomthe hotel offersmekong tour
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked the simplest room, which is just US$10 per night. It was small but had plenty of space under the bed for my big bag, and everything was clean and worked well. They also looked after my motorbike, letting me park it inside the building.

The hotel is down one of the main roads, and Can Tho is small enough that you can get anywhere very easily. There are plenty of places to eat around there and an awesome coffee shop a few minutes walk away down one of the side streets.

The staff are really nice, speak good English, and helped me out with any information that I needed in Can Tho. There were no concerns at all about safety.

There is also a food tour run by one of the staff members that I found really great.

They have a rooftop area with seats and hammocks that you can relax on, too.

I will definitely stay here again if I return to Can Tho.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We only stayed one night here. Our room was small but unlike small rooms at other hotels this had a window and was light and airy so it did not feel confined. I think we paid NZ $30 which is unheard of in NZ I wouldn't even get a dorm room in a backpackers for that! The location seemed fine and I was able to explore the alleyways of Can Tho and there was some very good information in reception about good joints to dine at which I thought was a nice touch. The reception ladies have excellent English and seemed very helpful. I think this would be a good base to explore the Mekong region from as there seems to plenty of transport options and Can Tho seems interesting but with out the crazy busy vibe of Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked a room for 15 USD a night and were told by the reception that it's really just a bed and an adjacent bathroom - and it really was just that. The receptionist offered us a discount for the deluxe room and we took it. It's really worth it - with a private PC for the tired backpacker to stay in touch with friends or family and having a huge collection of downloaded movies on its internal database.
Very friendly staff, fluent in English, can help with anything!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Xoai Hotel is a very good place, in the center of real popular Can tho, walking distance from tourist area. enjoy roof terrasse, very clean, very good athmosphere, staff is fluent english, very helpful and friendly. good music in the lobby.

Room Tip: standart room is small but perfect good value
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The love affair between me and the hotel began as soon as I stepped into the room. I fell in love with it right away when I saw how the room is arranged. Very slender in shape, some people might complain that it is small, but this room is perfectly suitable for two people or a couple, and its ventilation is great: enough windows to let the sun shine right through in the morning and afternoon. I was really amazed to find my little cute room with a desk to work, a bed with a warm clean blanket of a beautiful pattern/color, a lamp to read books at night, a shelve above my head near the bed to keep my books, phones and things, plus a bedroom with everything I ever want when I travel. Plus enough space allocated to put a suitcase into. I don't normally travel with a suitcase, but I find it very useful for those who travel with a big suitcase or a big backpack. After a tiring day, you need a warm shower, and the bathroom has both warm and cool shower plus a hairdryer which comes in handy all the time. After all, I had a fantastic stay at Hotel Xoai. Hey, don't worry about climbing up the stairs. There's a fast elevator in the hotel. Amazing right? If you are an Internet addict, Wifi is good there. But do enjoy sightseeing in Can Tho too. The hotel location is very accessible, and the hotel itself can be easily spotted because of its mango color. i was told by the owner that mango was picked because of her family history and preference. Staying there, you can access nice places around Can Tho. I really like the fact that the staff at Hotel Xoai is very friendly and willing to let you know where you should visit when you're in Can Tho. You don't want to miss the hospitality of a Vietnamese run hotel like this one, do you? I am coming back there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple