“Lovely boutique hotel”
Review of Amelia Hotel

Amelia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Bukhara
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It's hard to fault this lovely little hotel in a restored 18th century house is set just off one on the main streets of Bukhara and therefore within walking distance of the major sites. Unusually, the hotel really does have a special atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms equally so. Breakfast, which is taken in a beautiful breakfast room with many original 18th century artefacts, is outstanding with ample portions of everything one could wish for. The friendly, helpful owner and his staff who speak quite good English go out of their way to be helpful. (I'd forgotten some important papers in my previous hotel in Samarkand over 4 hours drive away but somehow the owner of the Amelia organised for them to be brought to me at his hotel in Bukhara the following day). Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Peter S
There are newer reviews for Amelia Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2013

anytime I staying there is a pleasure.
Thanks to Bakhodir and his team. I hope I will come back in future to see this beautiful paintings and lovely house!!!!
the dining room is an historic room from the owner of the house in further times. everything is very kind and smart. and in winter the heat is working!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Nadine203
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have chosen this hotel given "Our pick" and good review in Lonely Planet 2010. This was a short side trip from my business travel to Tashkent, and so I decided to go to Bukhara for two days at the very last moment. The hotel was almost sold out, but both Bakhroudur and other staff have been very professional and helpful trying to find a room for me for the two nights I needed so that I do not have to over pay for a larger/more expensive suite being a solo traveler. The staff has also been very helpful to help me with other practical maters such as concert tickets.

The regular room I stayed (number 1 I believe, on the first floor next to reception) was wonderful. Tastefully decorated, excellent bedding/linens, good airco, nice desk and fast internet for me to wrap up some of my work from my business trip while enjoying free offered tea. And this was just a regular room, I can only imagine what a suite would be.

Breakfast deserve a separate paragraph. The breakfast room must be the best conserved part of this 18th century Jewish house, so you are dining among real treasuries. The breakfast itself is a trully FULL breakfast with attentive staff asking for a made-to-order eggs, porridge and other meals, in addition to breads, meat pastries, cheeses, yogurt, jam, fruits. Definitely budget good time to have this breakfasts not in rush to both enjoy the room view and an good breakfast to start your day.

Location is great next to Lyabi-Hauz so all sightseeing can be done by walking.

I would definitely want to stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Andrei_Sh
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife was greeted with a very warm “Senorita, Happy Birthday” and a lovely piece of cake by the amazing host Bakhodir! Honestly, leave all the history stuff aside, the REAL reason why we traveled to Uzbekistan was just to stay at Amelia ;) ! This is an 18th century house of a Jewish merchant, that has now been converted into a boutique hotel. Each of the 12 odd rooms have been carefully and tastefully given individual themes and all of the interior work has been done by hands!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank aditto
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Located in the heart of the city; within beautiful architecture, most of sightseeing in walking distance, friendly staff. The rooms are very spacious and clean, furnished with closet, big writing desk, king size bed, safe, fridge, big flat TV. The bathroom is modern.

Breakfast was huge and very good.

Amelia is a hotel where you feel like you are at home, even though you are thousand miles away from it.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank JanVanden
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A hotel in a nice area and where they could speak English well. I felt like a part of the history when I was a guest in this hotel.
There is many interesting different places where you can rest or talk with other guests.
The breakfast room was very old, beautiful and well kept. The dishes at the breakfast table were
many.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We are so glad to have chosen to stay at Amelia on our trip.

Every single element of our stay was perfect: our check-in was professional and welcome tea with sweets in our room upon check-in was an incredible touch;

Nicely appointed and tastefully decorated rooms

A delicious breakfast is served in amazing 18c guest room

The location is wonderful, all sightseeing in walking distance

Recommended!!!

P.S. Also they are arranged a car for us to Kxiva. And we were satisfied, clean, comfortable car with reasonable price

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple