“In the colorful Bukhara”
Review of Asia Bukhara Hotel

Asia Bukhara Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Bukhara
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel opened in april 2006. It is situated in the heart of the old part of the city surrounded by the monuments from XII-XVI centuries. The main well-known monuments of Bukhara are close to it, so you can walk to reach them. The entrance was built in the style of ancient school "madrassah". There are 95 rooms. It has sauna, outdoor pool, massage room, internet Hi-Fi, laundry, barber service. There are 3 conference halls. The rooms are air conditioned, with TV sattelite, phone, mini bar. The bathroom was clean with a hair drier.The restaurant offers international and local food. There is also a cambio valute office and a small selling desk with postcards and stamps. In the small bar at the entrance you can order a good expresso.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank tamerlano77

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights on a Martin Randall Travel guided tour of Uzekistan, Overall,the hotel was better than expected. It is very well located, with all the major sights within easy walking distance. Friendly staff on the front desk.

Our room was very large - more like a Junior Suite - with a huge (but not particularly comfortable) bed, very quiet, light and clean.

The food in their restaurant was not great and my wife became very ill after one breakfast there. The restaurant wasa supposed to open for breakfast at 7am but the one day we needed an early breakfast, they were only starting to lay out the buffet at 7. One day there were eggs cooked to order, but the chef was nowhere to be seen on the other 2.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KentManKent
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We had been looking forward to our stay in the Asis Palace, well located in the heart of ‘old’ Bukhara and considerd the best hotel in town (but there’s not much competition). However, our reservation was dishonoured, apparently due to overbooking. Our deposit was nevertheless retained. We were told that complaints would be useless as the hotel is owned by President Karimov’s daughter. Welcome to Uzbeikistan!

Stayed: May 2010
6  Thank globaltraveller200
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed one night.

The hotel is well located, rooms are spacy, food at breakfast and lunch are acceptable (nothing fancy like in all the hotels where we stayed in Uzbekistan).

The only problem was the access to the Internet which never worked. However, I went to an Internet store 5 minutes away and I had a fast Internet access for 50 cents per hour.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed here as part of a Jules Vernes Trip.

Situation is ideal - right by the old town - Trading domes (bazaar) close by. - wonderful shopping but be ready to haggle. Cafes across the street by the lake where beer is cheaper and the setting is more atmospheric than in the hotel.

Friendly staff.

Food OK

Street lighting not good - take a torch for nightime.

Pool was not in use.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank Dzinte
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed here as part of a Cox & Kings tour of Uzbekistan. It was a smaller hotel with more of a local flavour than those we had stayed in in Tashkent and Samarkand. Room was a pleasant size, clean and the air con worked. The pool, however, was scummy so best avoided. There was a nice bar on the roof.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wardsabroad
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I read the previous review so wondered what I was going to find. I couldn't do anything about it, as I was in a group with Cox and Kings. In the event I was pleasantly surprised.
The room was large, especially for a single traveller, with a sitting area with 2 chairs and table and also a dressing table, so plenty of surfaces to litter. Bed hard, as normal in these parts, but big. Also very heavy (iron) as I found when I tried to pull it closer to the bedside light switches which needed a very very long reach - I suspect designed with twin beds in mind. But bright lights, good for reading in bed. Bathroom ok. Carpet worn, but all seemed clean (mind you, I've learned not to look too closely when travelling!). A great view, when I managed to take control of the layers of curtains all too close together, of which several of the hooks were neatly placed in a corner of the window cill. I added another on my 3rd day.....(But nothing like what I found at our next stop at the Asia Khiva - read my posting). My view was of the Magok-i-Attari Mosque and beyond to the Moneychangers Bazaar, with domes and trees and blue sky, and I can put up with unlovely decor (complete with "grocers' calendar" framed prints on the walls) if the view outside is great.
We had two dinners in the hotel which were average, standard Uzbek fare (as people have said, you don't visit the country for the food!). I thought the breakfasts were excellent, wide choice, porridge, cereals, fresh breads and pastries, fresh yoghurt, "homemade" apple compote, selection of cheeses, meats etc - for once I wasn't forced to have cooked-to-order eggs yet again as the only edible option. The coffee boy added an extra spoon of Nescafe into the dishwater coffee that seems increasingly standard at hotel breakfasts throughout the world. (I now take my own kettle and coffee so I have at least one decent cup a day). Frankly streets ahead of the 9 euro breakfast I'd had in Pau, France, recently. And charming service, as at the front desk when I changed money, collected key etc. Noted down my comments about the curtain hooks as I checked out. Whether they did anything.....
One thing - beware the yellow towels. I roll-dryed my white smalls before hanging them on the rail and when I unpacked them next stop I saw strange stains - the dye had leached out. However that was my fault (should have used the hotel laundry service), and the dye didn't come out on my pale skin!

• Stayed: April 2009