Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ronmedo1
New York, NY

Very disappointing

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 2, 2013
I went to this hotel because I was attending a wedding. It was the most disappointing experience in my whole stay in Thailand. The people at the front desk were rude and unfriendly, how do you run a hotel and have the nerve to give people an attitude. Almost all the people I had met in Thailand were so friendly and so nice, these people must have come from another country. Now lets get to the rooms, they were dirty and the bed was like sleeping on a bed of springs. The mattress actually had the springs coming through the top. I had to stay there for three day and finally on the third day, I asked if they had a better mattress and they gave me a junior suite which was a little better and cleaner but certainly not luxury. The original room had mold in the bathroom and the plaster was cracking around the tub. The toilet was not clean and the did not give enough toilet paper. The pool looked dirty and unappealing. The best was the restaurant, I went downstairs for lunch and I ordered a soup and entree. What I got, I have absolutely no idea. When I asked the waiter what the soup was made of, it was greasy and had some sort of things floating in it, he laughed and took it off the bill. The main dish was also horrible. That was the last time I stepped foot in the restaurant. I know people say you get what you pay for, but this hotel was suppose to be the five star of Surin. I would never ever recommend this hotel. I would suggest you sleep in your car before you sleep or eat here. I have never given a negative review like this one but this was beyond horrendous.
Date of stay: May 2013
Room Tip: Don't waste your time. If you have to stay here ask for the Suites, the beds are a little...
Trip type: Traveled with family
1.2 miles from Thong Tarin Hotel
  • Trip.com
Pool
View more hotels in Surin
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Only stayed one night and moved onto another hotel. The room did have an odor and there was mold all around the bath and shower. We only were staying here due to our nephew being admitted into the local hospital. We had a reservation for the night train to Bangkok when we inquired about a late checkout we were advised 2pm as the latest, or we would be charged an additional 1,000 baht. We then had breakfast which was not much and the hot food was actually cold. We then checked out and went to a different hotel for only 500 Baht and much more hospitable and clean.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank sipbill
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The alternative to Surin Majestic , Thong Tarin looks imposing from outside with a grand structure and big lobby. But as you step into the room, its a disapointment.The rooms are old, smelly and corridors are dark and scary sometimes. It seriously needs a refurb. The beds werent comfortabel either and the AC was noisy .The food served in the resturant was average.The hotel did have a pool too .Wifi was good and service standars were acceptable.If you dont have a accomdation in surin , you can get in here.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's a big hotel so staff is proffessional but don't expect to have a friendly welcome.
We were in the oldest rooms which are ok for the price and are comfortable but there was a strange smell. Beeing at the 5th floor we had a great view.
We didn't try the swimming pool as the water had strange color.
Location is good and central.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Surin, Thailand-Thong Tarin Hotel
60 Sirirat Road
Surin, Thailand 32000
www.thongtarinhotel.com
Email: info@thongtarinhotel.com rsvn@thongtarinhotel.com sale@thongtarinhotel.com
Tel: +66(0) 4451-4281-8
Fax: +66(0) 4451-1580
Within walking distance (7”) of Surin bus station where I had a 1000 baht room on the 6th floor. There are other rooms at higher prices. Now, in January 2013, there is “renovation” going on upstairs. My large room with firm, lumpy twin beds (doubles were full) has air-con, hot water, closet, desk, medium size refrigerator, toiletries, a couple of chairs, 2 free recyclable 500ml glasses bottles of water and coffee packets along hot water boiler. Add the nice free, mostly Asian, but with eggs and toast, buffet breakfast. Excellent free wi-fi connection too. TV has a few channels in English among 72 channels.
Hotel has all the amenities, all the extras including massage, convention, disco, another separate restaurant and a beer garden plus plus! I didn't hear any noise from disco or... I asked for a quiet room!
I wish it was 800 baht, then I'd feel better. A bit expensive but I had zero problems.

Room tip: Ask for and then look at a quiet room if you are bothered by noise, disco or...."renovations". I had zero problems at this hotel. It is definitely a businessperson's hotel. Thai business and all that goes with "that!"
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank salemnobody
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is old and not very clean, The Food is ok but they have a Cat wondering round the dinning room, Also ok if you dont mind having working girls downstairs in a place called the rose lounge part of the Hotel which a I later found out was full of working Girls.

The worst point is the Water from the hot taps is Brown and dont look under the bed, Also they burn incense in the hall ways to hide the damp smell.

Staff friendly enough

Room tip: Higher floor away from the night life would be good if you want to sleep
Date of stay: October 2012