Priceline
Vio.com
All reviews pizza great environment feel at home gary cambodia thai border bloke guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Brilliant place with a very welcoming atmosphere. Gary was more than willing to help out at any point, excellent rooms, food, service and pool. Will definitely be back next time we're in the area.

Thanks for a great stay!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ben293917
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ryans Resort is a haven in a place (Prasat) probably not an awful lot of travellers would go to but if you find yourself in Surin province...make sure you spend a few nights here. Very friendly staff with lots of advice about the surrounding area. Good local and European food. There is a choice of two types of rooms but as i only stayed in the very nice single room with double bed and shower i could not tell you about the other type. Have a very nice pool and gym facilities. Very nice bar and pool table. Motorcycles for rent (please watch the potholes on the roads round about the area). All in all a gem of a place. Hopefully shall find in the next edition of Lonely Planet.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Steven T
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have been here many times and it is always a good time. The food is great and the rooms and area are extremely clean. The owner is very helpful if you should need anything (a trip to town, border, information). There is swimming for adults and children that can be seen from the eating area so parents may enjoy themselves while their children play. There is a pool table as well as darts. All i all this is one of the best bargains in the area, nice location as it is en a gated area so you wont have cars driving like mad in the yard and no people (elephants) pestering you.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Ryan's resort is off the 24 road from Prasat it is easy to find and contains a Bungalows and Rooms, I choose a room which cost 500 baht a night, You get a decent size room Shower Air con and Fridge Etc,

I went to Ryans mainly because I need to Sleep and it was near people I was visiting, The food was English and Thai I only ate from the English menu and it was good, I had a Sunday Roast and Bacons & Eggs and Tea in the morning, cooked by Gary a very nice and approachable bloke in fact all the staff were very nice.

It is not the Hilton or Ritz but neither is the price and I have stayed in a lot worse for more than double so it was good Value all round.

My Only point would be the bed seemed hard but that was my preference other than that it is all good and I would go again.

Room tip: I got and end of block room although it all seemed pretty good which ever room you got
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Matthew N
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As someone who lives in Pattaya but work abroad a lot. I mostly spend the weekends in Pattaya, but was overawed to spend the weekend at a Ryans Resort managing to both get away from the grind for a couple of days and do some good for a orphanage in Buri Ram.

To be honest, an issue in travelling around locally in Thailand with acomodations has always been the rooms. I can either spend a lot on a very nice room (3000 Baht ++) or a more reasonable amount on a terrible room (1000 Baht or less) which usually means a dirty, dilapidated room with the service and atmosphere leaving a lot to be desired.

That being the case, I was pleasantly surprised to find this tranquil Resort. Ideally situated just off a main road surrounded by wonderful serene pleasant natural nature (I had a evening run around the local paths, some small children ran around with me barefoot (they did not even break a sweat and were laughing all the time too), I was expecting the same old experience I have had countless times at other establishments. Well, I was wrong! Rooms were spotlessly clean, a mini bar (with free water), a TV, wifi in the rooms, cold and adjustable aircon, a safe for valuables...I could go on! Service was polite and very professional with the staff speaking good English all with the quintessential Thai smile and good humour.The next shock I had was the give away very very reasonably price for the room and wonderful meals including cold nectar that we paid after a very early breakfast our kind host prepared extra early for us...

Highly recommended to anyone passing through as a great value place to stay and an absolutely fantastic price for what you get. Truly a breath of fresh air for a weary traveller!

I most certainly will be back...

Room tip: All wonderful...
Date of stay: September 2012