Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$13
View deal
Vio.com$14
Etrip$14
Agoda.com$14
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Priceline
All reviews pizza sunday roast excellent food rural area excellent hosts great environment western style wood burning oven feel at home great choice gary nok thai sticks tourists guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Ryan's resort is off the 24 road from Prasat it is easy to find and contains a Bungalows and Rooms, I choose a room which cost 500 baht a night, You get a decent size room Shower Air con and Fridge Etc,

I went to Ryans mainly because I need to Sleep and it was near people I was visiting, The food was English and Thai I only ate from the English menu and it was good, I had a Sunday Roast and Bacons & Eggs and Tea in the morning, cooked by Gary a very nice and approachable bloke in fact all the staff were very nice.

It is not the Hilton or Ritz but neither is the price and I have stayed in a lot worse for more than double so it was good Value all round.

My Only point would be the bed seemed hard but that was my preference other than that it is all good and I would go again.

Room tip: I got and end of block room although it all seemed pretty good which ever room you got
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Matthew N
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As someone who lives in Pattaya but work abroad a lot. I mostly spend the weekends in Pattaya, but was overawed to spend the weekend at a Ryans Resort managing to both get away from the grind for a couple of days and do some good for a orphanage in Buri Ram.

To be honest, an issue in travelling around locally in Thailand with acomodations has always been the rooms. I can either spend a lot on a very nice room (3000 Baht ++) or a more reasonable amount on a terrible room (1000 Baht or less) which usually means a dirty, dilapidated room with the service and atmosphere leaving a lot to be desired.

That being the case, I was pleasantly surprised to find this tranquil Resort. Ideally situated just off a main road surrounded by wonderful serene pleasant natural nature (I had a evening run around the local paths, some small children ran around with me barefoot (they did not even break a sweat and were laughing all the time too), I was expecting the same old experience I have had countless times at other establishments. Well, I was wrong! Rooms were spotlessly clean, a mini bar (with free water), a TV, wifi in the rooms, cold and adjustable aircon, a safe for valuables...I could go on! Service was polite and very professional with the staff speaking good English all with the quintessential Thai smile and good humour.The next shock I had was the give away very very reasonably price for the room and wonderful meals including cold nectar that we paid after a very early breakfast our kind host prepared extra early for us...

Highly recommended to anyone passing through as a great value place to stay and an absolutely fantastic price for what you get. Truly a breath of fresh air for a weary traveller!

I most certainly will be back...

Room tip: All wonderful...
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank JasmineHotel1
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have travelled Thailand extensively in the last 5 months. I stumbled on this wonderful little resort by chance and I have to say it is fantastic.
The resort offers creature comforts but once outside the door you are in country lane of real Thai people. Most gardens have a cow or buffalo as a standard pet.

I am always looking to get lost in cultural scenic areas but that can have its limitations. For example no transport. When you get to Prasat or Surin, a song thau will get you to the resort. Then Your hosts have cycles, scooters or cars to explore the area. I took a scooter and chatted with any local that was in sight. Take a dictionary and have a few polit phrases.
If you want a Thailand retreat surrounded by culture spend a few days here.

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank Bruce_Bonus
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife my daughter and brother and sister in law stayed for 3 days at this fantastic oasis very near Prasart. We have been staying in Surin for the last 5 years and travelling to Kok Sa-ard village to visit the in-laws when we read a couple of reviews on trip advisor. Everything we read was
spot on. When we got there it was like coming home. The rooms are inexpensive and clean. The pool is pristine. The Restaurant has fare for all, I highly recommend the "Eye Fillet" as good as I find back home. Gary and his wife were great Hosts and I enjoyed sitting down in the evening chewing the fat over a couple of beers...10 out of 10...

Room tip: The larger rooms are the best but booked out in advance so get in early if you want one of these
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ken_Narng
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed at Ryans Resort recently and was delighted to find it a very friendly and well maintained establishment. The rooms are very comfortable with double bed,TV,air con, fridge and clean shower room / toilet . There is a nice bar and restaurant. The food is very good and well prepared at request any time of the day. The pool area is relaxing and the water clean and refreshing. Gary and Nok are great hosts and there is a great bunch of ex pats and local paitrans that frequent the bar. I thank them for their hospitality and for running such a lovely little resort resort. I will definitely return next time i vist the area.

Date of stay: March 2012