“Impressive!”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Sukhothai
Melbourne, Australia
“Impressive!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As per my review on Sukhothai Bicycle Tour that this hotel is hand-picked by Jib (our wonderful tour guide/operator). No disappointed with his choice at all. Pity we stayed only a night during our bike tour in Sukhothai. We arrived late afternoon and check-out after breakfast. Therefore, I can’t really make much comment but I will say what I experienced.

Warm welcome by receptionist at the hotel when check-in which is always nice.

Our room is a decent size room, great doco and just couple steps from a fine pool. There are two things in room that worth mentioning for improvement;
1. Curtain is too light; people might be able to see through when light turn on especially at night time.
2. Lights in room are just a little too dark but it doesn’t bother us because we were most of the time at the pool

Yes as mentioned above we spent all afternoon at the pool, great staff there – drink keeps coming. I had a great foot massage by the pool (heaven).

Breakfast and dinner inclusive with our stay organised by Jib. Well managed for food arrangements and entertainments. Love the deco at the entrance to dining area; staff dress in tradition outfit making flowers and curry paste. We enjoyed Thai Classical Dance during dinner time. Breakfast was grand with Thai pancake bring back memory when I was young.

We would love to return to stay at the hotel again or recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: Room near pool area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great place where to stay!! Not too far from the old sukothay (1km). Awesome rooms, pool and restaurant. The only thing is that we went for dinner at 9.15pm and the restaurant was almost closed (they close at 9.30pm) so the service was a little rushed.
Wifi everywhere... Room, pool, lobby, restaurant...
You can get a massage at the pool, awesome idea!!!!
If you visit sukothay definitely stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Saint-Malo, France
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is quite picturesque, with a bridge that connect the restaurant to the rooms. There is also a nice swimming pool. The room are quite good, well dimensioned in thai style with wood furniture. In the room I found a gecko and I heard also other customer got the same guests. The area is full of mosquitos (very aggressive) and it is good idea to use some cream to avoid to be pick from them expecially when you go to have dinner at restaurant.
The staff is friendly and polite. Breakfast is variuous and offer a good variety of food choice at buffet. Dinner is also good and offered at buffet. The hotel offer free internet connection and also a couple of internet desk positions. I can't judge the price of the hotel because I booked it by tour operator.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Our first impression of the Legendha Sukhothai Resort was 'WOW'. The whole project fitted in nicely with the surrounding as well as the environment. Being the best location of Sukhothai is a great help too. We had the opportunity to stay for night earlier this year and felt the pride and joy of the hotel staff toward their property. Our feeling of the place after the initial check in was being in a village with different activities and functions surrounding us. The resort also organized different agendas for the guest in order to enrich their experience with the Thai culture. Our stay of one night proved to be very exciting.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at The Legendha Resort which was booked by my tour guide the Hotel exceed my expectations due to the friendliness of all staff. The Hotel is clean and very quaint, we were lucky enough to get rooms over looking the pool. The pool was very clean and well maintained, perfect for a swim after cycling around the Heritage Park.

The rooms are typical Thai style and very charming. The restaurant food quality was very good (I did not eat Western Food) and the service was excellent complimented by a nightly cultural show.

I sent out laundry and whilst it returned clean I was not entirely happy with the pressing (I am very fussy with my laundry, so it may be Ok for some)

Overall the experience staying in this Hotel was very plesant

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank leelawadee
washington dc
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The place is beautiful and is set on a number of lakes and canals, but those bugs!!! Aside from the regular mosquitoes, I found bedbugs in the bedroom and shower area. When I notified hotel staff about this they immediately came to clean it up. Still, for the price, I would not have expected to find bedbugs there in the first place. I could tell that the place had not been cleaned well since the last guess stayed there. For example, their empty shampoo bottle was empty and still hanging out by the sink.

That aside, I had a very pleasant stay. The Thai dance performance during dinner was a nice touch. Front desk staff were very kind. I rented a bike for 70 baht for 24 hours. The place is about 10 minutes from Sukhothai national park so you can't beat the location!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank DaniPTravels
Paris, France
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

First, the location is real good: take a bike and you reach the historical park in 10 min. Be sure not to miss the temple right behind the hotel, btw!
This said, this hotel has the look of a high end resort, it has the potential of a high end resort.. but...
- most of the upgraded rooms are nice and clean and comfortable but with the worst vis a vis: imagine your bed by a huge window, with a direct view... On your neighboors bedrooms. Same with the terrasse.
- the swimmingpool s water was so troubled that you couldn t see your feet... ( but the settings was very nice !)
- the food is not even worth trying: nice looking but terrible insipid buffet in the evenings, tasteless food for lunch.
- the service was ok but very focused on the Thai clientel.
So I d say go for it, it s still a very beautiful place, but with adequate expectations.

• Stayed April 2013