“Very good accomodation”
Review of J&J Guesthouse

J&J Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Sukhothai
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

A very good choice for a stay in Sukhothai! The staff is very friendly and helpfull! We originaly booked only for one night but we wanted to stay a bit longer, so they called our travelagency and arranged everything. The bungalows are spacious, clean and very cosy! There's a nice terras outside overlooking the little garden. We enjoyed our stay here and recommend this adress to others!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We found this one in the Lonely Planet and we booked per telephone two days ahead. The bungalows (they have 8) are located near the river in new Sukhothai, which is a small village. In the village there is a market each day were you can buy some food and there are a couple of restaurants. There is a bank and a 7-11 on 5 minutes by foot.

The bungalows are brand new and very spacious. They have a very large bed and a nice bathroom. The small garden looks well maintained and everything is clean. The restaurant serves a wide range of food, but we only used the breakfast (with home made baguettes). We hired a scooter to discover the old part of Sukhothai at the guesthouse for 250 baht a day. It is also possible to get there by bus. The bungalow was one of the best we have had in Thailand and it had an airconditioning. We didn't have any trouble with mosquito's
over here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rickzwart
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Great bungalows situated in a very pleasent garden.good food and great service.very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank andyjoy
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a decent place to stay for a few nights. It's in a good location near the night market and bars. I would have given four stars, but there were lots of mosquitos in our room. The windows do have screens, but they didn't seem to keep the bugs out very well. The guesthouse is located next to a river, so there are lots of mosquitos around. I would recommend bringing a mosquito net and lots of bug repellent. They have wifi, but it's not free. Overall, the bungalow are quite nice and the garden is well kept and a pleasant place to relax. Our guidebook said that there was a pool, but when we were there in March '12 there was no longer a pool. The restaurant serves a good selection of fairly priced food.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea0287
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Breakfast was delicious with very nice baguettes and the best muesli I've had in Thailand.
Bungalows were above expectations, the decoration is minimal but stylish. I think that the new location is about two years old but it seem to be even newer, everything looks great and spotless.
The bed was amazing. I been traveling for over 5 months and I couldn't believe this place. Yes, it is a bit pricier than the budget options but I think that the value is perfect for such a place.
In Thailand's beaches I payed much more for by far worse places.
We even stayed a night more than what we were supposed to stay just to enjoy our bungalow for one more day.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank antonilla
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Be careful about staying here, I stayed for one night & realised at midnight that I'd been bitten a number of times by bed bugs, I splatted 4 of them, all full of blood, & then spent a paranoid night looking for them! I told the owner the following morning & she seemed really surprised, however since reading the reviews here & seeing that they have had this problem since at least February then they are obviously not dealing with it very well!! If you have never been bitten by bed bugs then you don't know how horrible they are. Steer well clear.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We arrived at this nice perfectly groomed bungalow guesthouse with very friendly staff who were extremely helpful. Air conditioning was great and they do absolutely fantastic bread! I enjoyed two baguettes in one day overlooking the river which was very pleasant!

But then we went to bed............there may as well have been no walls or roof as it was extremely noisy. At anyone point you would wake up thinking there was a dog or motorcycle racing through the room. They also have a bizarre selection of window panelling which to be honest is completely pointless as the room was consistantly illumiated throughout the night.

There were also bugs running across the bed, you could feel them on your skin. Woke up the next day with my back completely covered in bites. I assumed they were mosquitos but as it transpired later that day they were bed bugs.

It is a big shame but I would not reccomend staying here but I would pop in for the delightful cheese and ham baguettes, just what you need after days of rice or noodles.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple