“Great Place with wonderful and attentive staff!”
Review of Sila Resort

Sila Resort
Ranked #11 of 49 Sukhothai B&B and Inns
Khon Kaen, Thailand
“Great Place with wonderful and attentive staff!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a place that should not be missed! I stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed both. The staff was extremely helpful as my bus did not arrive till 2:30 am. Kris, the head of the resort was so sweet to wake up and check me in. They were very helpful organizing rides and transportation to town and the historical site. Kris was always so friendly and made my stay very pleasant. The food in the restaurant is delicious and well priced. Kris also drove me to the bus station the morning of my departure, free of charge. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here and will be coming back next time i am in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HappyHoolie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Accommodation was ok. Food was good and well priced. Whatever it lacked was compensated by the superb service that was given. We never had any problems. I would highly recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Asylum12
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The place is really worth the salt you offer. The room rates are very competitve; I lived in a room for one person, very simple furniture ( a bed , no desk) and a hangar plus a fan. But one does not expect too much if you pay for a hostel price.

What is lacking in decor in the room is made up by the ambience in the restaurant and reception. The pictures on the wall outside the office are vivid and fascinating.
The food in the restaurant is good and price reasonable.
The accommodation is a little away from downtown but there are free bikes on which you can ride to the city centre. And there is a bus stop to the old city ( 14 kilometres away, not easy to go on a bike).
The hospitality and help received were most impressive; if requested, you can have free pickup and dropping off to the bus station. One of the staff members, Chris , is most helpful and knowlegeable about local stuff.
station.

Room Tip: ask for a single room ( for one person) with a window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 17, 2013

clean rooms. friendly staff, nice ambience, bikes for free :) so perfect

only the food in the restaurant could be better. The fruit shakes were great!
Furthermore the transfer to the bus to the historical park and later on the transfer to our bus to chiangmai was for free. The staff had always a smile for us ,)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Two nights in this wonderful place, quiet stay, people absolutly lovely, nice food and cheap,small room but clean and good equipments, best place to visit the park.
They organise all for you just ask !
We recommand it and will be back !

• Stayed January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it! The staff here is amazing, I have not had so nice staff on my hole trip! My room was big, had a window, aircon and an own bathroom for a good price. The food in the restaurant is also delicious and you get free bikes to go to town! The only thing that wasn' t so good is that the walls of my room were pretty thin so you here quite a lot from your neighbors, which wasn't a problem the first two nights becauese they were quiet....
Overall a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Krit the Resort Manager at Sila Resort was the most wonderful person who assisted me with all my concerns and needs to make my stay at Sila the high light of my 30 day trip all through Thailand. He accompanied 8 of us staying at the resort to the Loi Krathong Candle Festival and it was like having a brother or cousin accompany us! We made our individual krathong in the afternoon and then at 5 all piled into the van to be part of the festival! He bought a lantern and fired it off and we stayed for the most incredible fire work display I have ever seen.He encouraged those with trepidation to try the various foods in the market and truly made it a super time! My room was outstanding and it was the most reasonable of my stays. I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok and although it is very upscale and very pricey Krit's service was just as outstanding. He told me if he gets enough good reviews he will get a certificate from Trip Advisor and he does deserve the highest commendation for his management skills!

Room Tip: Sila Resort showed me that I can pay very little and have an excellent room. I stayed in the first r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo