“Excellent place for budget travelers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Varin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Satun
Varin Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Satun
“Excellent place for budget travelers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went to Koh Lipe without any plans and stumbled across Varin! It was lovely! We stayed at the standard fan room, it was clean and comfortable and cost only 800THB including breakfast! Love it so much! I think it's very affordable for budget travelers to stop by here! Free breakfast with beach view. Pattaya beach is just right infront of us! Only steps away, and also very near to the local street, restaurants and so on. Worth every penny! We stayed here for more than 5 days and still couldn't get enough of it. Friendly staff. The only downside of it is that, the toilet is manually flush, as in you have to pour a lot sum of water in order to flush it :P but yeah, still worth every penny! :) We would definitely comeback to stay here!

Room Tip: The standard fan room is just enough for us and it only cost 800THB per night including unlimited br...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Overall,the resort is good.One thing I would like to complaint is there is too many flies on the foods during lunch time.This make me no appetite to eat. My husband even diarrhea on the night. But during dinner time,it's ok,the flies gone away.There is a night market,"Walking Street".In the night market,there are many shops selling souvenir and foods.So,you can enjoy a lot at there.Gentle reminder that you need to bargain, bargain and bargain on the prices.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank WhiteGhostly
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed the Garden View room for 2 nights. We bought a tour package and also include all meals at the resort.

The food was good for the price we paid for. They have so many service staff in the restaurant. My drink was never empty! Whenever we finished any dishes, the staff would suddenly appear to take the plate away.

The room was nice but not very clean. The worst part for me was the horrible sleep. I did not know that there so many mosquitoes in room until I woke up with A LOT of mosquito bites all over my body. I had horrible red spots everywhere and were very itchy. There were so much that I ended up went to see doctor once I came back home. Today is my 4th day since the bites, they are still looking awful and itchy. During our stay in the room, we always kept the door close, but somehow, there were so many mosquitoes in the room. If you will be staying at the resort, please make sure to put on mosquitoes-repellent before you go to sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Satun hotels

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Before arriving to Koh Lipe i didn´t book any accommodation cause i knew that the island is small and it is easy to walk any find a place to stay. When i arrived to Varin beach resort which is located in Sunrise beach!! and the moment i saw my bungalow i knew i was going to stay there. Though the old man didn´t speak English we managed and I was impressed when a little boy, about 7 years old came with a scooter, picked me up and drove me to my bungalow.
I really enjoyed staying there. It is clean, cozy and the sea is just two steps from the door. Definitely would go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
George Town, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

On 8-10th Nov me and my girlfriend went koh lipe and stay at this resort, on !st day, we found our room Queen size air-corn room does not have hair dryer, so I went go hotel reception counter and borrow. The lady seem understand my request ask me go back wait. Then there are two male worker came to my room they want to come in then they check the bathroom only. I try demonstrate hair dryer they both just say "ok" and went out, after 30mins plus still no respond. Went counter 2nd time, take pen and paper write and draw hair dryer, the lady say they dont have. The next day go for island hoping, I scare my thing will lost only bring some money go out, leave my passport at counter and my credit card and wallet was put in my luggage. My careless not do checking only found my money and credit card gone when I get home. 3 credit cards and some amount of thai baht and malaysia ringgit was stolen, make police report, call bank cancel credit cards and do complain to the travel agency. Terrible experience I have after went travel so many places

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicholasKhaw
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Poor Services on front desk officer, not worth to pay it, room very bad even toilet also very dirty. Didn't have shower for bath, only available Fan is fully dusk. Totally are can't acceptable on it. strongly not recommended on it, and also location not convenience for transportation and supper.

Room Tip: Strongly not recommended.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Juni0rYMei514
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

amazing and excellent location beach front but can be managed better , room not so clean , staff rude and not professional, they overcharge you 7% if you pay your the bill with the credit card and i found this unfair and not honest , restaurant is average and you can find in Pattaya beach in the evening better places

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhonny b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Satun
Mali Resort Pattaya Beach Koh Lipe
Green View Beach Resort
Green View Beach Resort
#14 of 18 in Ko Lipe
Castaway Resort Koh Lipe

Been to Varin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!