“Koh Adang is one of the best beach experiences I've ever had”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Satun
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Andaman Sea, this is Thailand’s largest marine park that is a popular area for outdoor naturalists, snorkelers and scuba divers.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've been reading many not so great reviews, especially about Koh Lipe - which is understandable. But as far as Koh Adang is concerned, I was completely enchanted with this island. First of all, I have never seen crystal clear emerald green water like this, and I've never seen sand of quite the consistency before - like big rice kernels. I was there in April, so the sea was calm and lovely. The snorkeling was great, and there were no foreign tourists besides myself there. I stayed in a triangular tent that was set into a thai style platform, and enjoyed watching the rain from this vantage. I saw huge lizards, monkeys, snakes. The only drawback for me is that the hiking trails are not really developed enough, but I managed to explore the rest of the island anyway.

11  Thank garthastro

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The dive site were mostly good with good visability, but in many places the coral has been destroyed by dynamite fishing and other uncontrolled circumstances. It is still a good experience to see it - we did see turtles and some very colorful reef formations.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were located 4km from head quarters in zone 2, the room was a pleasant surprise, as we had clean national park sheets and towels. The room was excellent value for money at £10 or 450 thb in the week going up to £12 or 600thb at weekends. There is a taxi that takes you to resort for 100thb return for 2 people. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The Resturant was a nice bonus as the menu was quite extensive considering the remoteness of this destination.

We did have electric in rooms from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, but rooms were very hot as you have to keep it locked up due to wild monkeys that can be a problem.

This location was perfect and dream like, no buzzing long tails to annoy just peace and tranquility.

Only minus was it has lots if sand flies and we were eaten alive, after watching a sunset on the beach. Please beware.

8  Thank Paulahowells
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Make it more accessible to public. Parking space, shops... should not be guarded like a private place... it belongs to every Penangist, and must then be accessible to eveyone who wish to go there any day and any time of the day.

4  Thank tomasdion
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I went camping on Tarutao and Adang Islands. While the beaches on Adang were definatley cleaner, perhaps because Tarutao is closer to the mainland there was much more to do on Tarutao. There is a main path from East to West across Tarutao and a prison camp dating back to the second world war at the East side and a museum about how the prisoners became pirates. Then there is a cave that is for the wreckless or stupid. Luckily I was both and I kayaked into it with the kayaks that are left there by the wardens. It didn’t help that they called the cave crocodile cave. If they had called it bat cave, or even perhaps puppy cave it wouldn’t have been nearly so scary. On Adang the path to the waterfall was blocked by the jungle. Both places have ok tents at I think it was 200bht and Adang had some great new bungalows.

2  Thank docpud