“Great place! So good we stayed an extra night.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Satun
Ang Yee's Guest House
Ranked #6 of 13 Satun B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Great place! So good we stayed an extra night.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We weren't originally planning on staying in Satun, so when we missed our ferry to Langkawi and suddenly needed a room I was worried we wouldn't find anywhere. Thank God for Ang Yee's. This place is brilliant- gorgeous decoration with super friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in a double room upstairs with aircon for B550 and it's been one of the nicest, best value places we've stayed in our 3.5 week Thailand trip so far. We ended up staying an extra night here to relax as it was so nice and to check out more of Satun which was a town we really liked. Mattress was much better than most I've experienced in Thailand! Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Calgary
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ang Yee's Guest House was a pleasant find. The decor in the lobby, rooms and washrooms is lovely. The washrooms are communal, which normally I have a problem with, but they were clean, spacious and well-appointed. Despite the rooms being well decorated, the mattress was VERY uncomfortable - every spring could be felt and I woke up with a stiff body. The lobby and garden in the back were relaxing places to hang out in. I would stay there again (but maybe request a different bed!) should I ever find myself in Satun again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Cheer + mam made my 7 night stay the best ever,went out of their way to help me out,as my thai is bad....A very relaxed atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable,mam's food is very good all at a reasonable price. All in all a great stay. Thanks and best wishes to cheer + mam. And bobby's pizzeria is worth mentioning fresh (homemade)pizza and pasta very nice at a good price,situated around the corner..... nice guy too

Room Tip: The little extra for the air con and TV is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I was going to give 4 stars because the bed could have been a little more comfortable, but then I experienced customer service at its best and I couldn't give anything but a 5.

I had boarded the ferry to Langkawi only to realise I had left my phone charger in my room. Resigned to losing it and with 10 minutes until the ferry left, I heard a ferry employee calling after me. I turn around and she had my charger in her hand. Unbelievable.

The food at the guest house was amazing too.

• Stayed October 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After arriving from Langkawi around 7pm, and unsure of a place to stay, we were quickly taken by a local who said she could give us a guesthouse to for a night, we jumped in the back of the truck and headed off.
we arrived at the Angyees and were relieved to find a very nice, well looked after guesthouse with some very delicious food! The owner also let me watch the football until late! Overall a very comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

In my opinion overpriced. Quirky place, nice decor, very dusty room, bathrooms runs out of water quickly, had to wait 15 mins for tank to fill back up. Grunge hippy style place. Lots of 'bongs' being used and marijuana being smoked & lots of alcohol consuption by owners 'friends' Not a nice environment. Would not stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Footsteps2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having missed the last boat to Langkawi we were forced to stay in Satun for a night. We were dropped at Ang Yee's and it was perfect for the job. Cute and welcoming with affordable rooms and free wifi, we couldn't have asked for more. Good food and friendly service too. The only downfall being the noise at night. There were some odd loud noises but we still managed a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012