All reviews the river night market decent stay main sights across the bridge leave early coffee shop nan excellent hotel thai style buffet breakfast hot water thailand karaoke singing station baht
Reviewed July 31, 2018

After a tiring trip from Chiang mai, I was happy to arrive at the hotel where I was greeted nicely by an outside helper who told me where to park the car. The room was on the 7th floor and I was exhausted, ready for a good shower. NO hot water...after I told the receptionist ( who was not particularly smiling and apologising ), water was back to normal..but still a slight disappointment. The twin bedded room was nice ( don't expect an interesting TV with English programmes ) and anyway, you are so close to the night market on the side of the river that it is a waste of time to spend too much time in a room. My bed was comfortable but my friend complained about his bed, far too soft and the mattress bending dangerously on its side. The breakfast was very nice with a very helpful staff, ready to prepare all kinds of eggs you want, a lovely tjop ( kind of Khao Tom Khai but more firm ) and plenty of fried rice with vegetables, bread, croissant and jam. A decent stay all in all but a bit expensive ( 1,700 baht ).

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Second time we have stayed here, and both times were a very good stay. Staff are very helpful and food both inside and the riverside restaurant are very good. Couple of well placed tuc tucs outside the hotel who will take you on a tour of the temples. The only complaint I have is that a bottle of Leo beer was 255 baht!!! That's over £5 for a beer....needless to say we drank outside of the hotel in other restaurants or we took some bottles back to the room

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Worst service I have ever encountered in S.E. Asia. Although the hotel and room were more than acceptable, especially for a city that few westerners venture to, the service was terrible. We attempted to check-in about an hour early but were told that we would have to wait two hours for our room to be ready. This seemed odd as the hotel did not appear to be very busy which was confirmed by the lack of guests eating breakfast the next morning. As we had nothing to do but wait we asked if they could store our bags while we took a stroll around the surrounding neighborhood; a request the hotel reluctantly agreed to but only after my Thai girlfriend had a lengthy and stern conversation with the staff in Thai. Upon returning to the hotel a few hours later no one was attending the front desk, so we had to walk around the hotel to look for someone to check us in. The first employee we encountered said he would call someone to the front desk but after waiting 15 minutes no one appeared. I then noticed a maid cleaning the lobby bathroom who promptly called someone to the front desk. (Same thing happened when we checked out the next morning; no one attending the front desk). On top of all this, when I requested a cab to take us to the airport we had to wait for over an hour for the cab to arrive almost causing us to miss our flight. During that hour I repeatedly asked the staff when our cab would arrive, and, in each instance, I was told 5 minutes, 5 minutes.

Beyond the terrible service, the room was decent and clean containing all required amenities. The furnishings however were a bit dated but that can be expected in a secondary Thai city with few farang visitors. The location was quite good being either a short walk or cab ride to most of the city highlights and the breakfast buffet had plenty of options with the quality of the food also being decent. Although The Grand Riverside Hotel is one of the best rated hotels in Phitsanulok, I will never stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean S
wpattara, Owner at The Grand Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Dear Mr.Dean S.
Greeting from The Grand Riverside Hotel, We are please to hear you like our room and amenities., We are really sorry to hear you bad
check-in experience this is not a standard of our hotel, Please provide me more on the detail of you stay, please do contact me directly at gm@tgrhotel.com , +66 55 248 333

Best Regards,
Wattana P
gm@tgrhotel.com

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I had a chance to stay at this hotel for 5 days. I found that this hotel is right in the middle of the city. It’s easy to find the local street food around the hotel. The convenient store is very close to the hotel too. I love running, I can just go for running around the river nearby the hotel. Hotel’s breakfast was okay, they didn’t have variety of food but taste was good. What I love most about this hotel is the hotel’s staffs. They are helpful and have good service mind. Thanks to your service.

The only thing that I didn’t like during my stay is the water from the tap and the shower. I can smell the rust while brushing my teeth or taking a bath.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2018

On arrival checkin went well with a cold drink offered. We were given a room on the 7th floor which had recently had some renovation. The living area was spacious with a nice doze bathroom with plenty of amenities and hot water throughout the day.
Bed linen, towels etc were clean and white.
Housekeeping service was excellent.
Breakfast was an absolute delight, eating on the veranda with an excellent choice of menu.
We stayed for an evening in the piano bar where we were entertained with a low key karaoke.
Location is central as the night bazaar is just across the bridge.
All hotel staff were very welcoming.
We have stayed at this hotel before and will continue to do so whenever we visit Phitsanulok.

Room tip: High floor, river view
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple