Official Hotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews lagoon hotel main pool hot dishes thai standards would stay again amarin
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This must have once been a top of the bill hotel, with large rooms and nice interior. However that time has long gone. Everything seems old fashioned and out dated. Uncomfortable beds, a shower that shows signs of detoriation, and a minibar refrigerator that makes more noice then the airco.
Although the location is quite nice and you really can stay there for just one night and have a proper breakfast, I really don't recommend to stay here a couple of nights.
As soon as they renovate this place it might get something back of it's old grandeur.

Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank Martijn_1979
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Went to this place on a regular base (the swimming pool was loved by the kids) but we got ripped off the last time ... in a serious way. Sudden 10% additional charges on the food (you cannot get yours hands on a decent bill) and had to pay extra for an infant that was allowed for free just days before!
Serious outdated accommodation and ultra sharpe tiles in the swimming pool!

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank EdBelg
Reviewed April 25, 2011

It is a large hotel catering for tour groups. It has a nice swimming pool. The rooms need attention, for example round the tiles badly marked. Buffet breakfast OK. Not actually all that far from the centre but the hotel charge 75 baht each each way for transport to the town.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank johnpattaya
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Pretty luxurious, large hotel, primarely aimed at tourgroups.
Too far from centre to go and have dinner anywhere else then in the hotel.
However, in the bar/coffe shop good food is served for reasonable pices (comparable to a middle class restaurant in town)

Date of stay: January 2011
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I stayed one night at the Amarin Lagoon Hotel as one of a tour group. We were going to Sukothai the next day.

I was pleased by the clean and spacious room I was given, and I'm posting several pictures of it. I assume it was at least partially renovated not long ago. The bedroom floor was wood (or laminate), which set off the dark wood of the furniture. The room has a huge bay window which looks out into a grove of trees, which was quite pleasant. I did not notice any grimy things or areas in my room - either in the bedroom or the bathroom.

I was disappointed to find a fixed shower head, as I prefer the hand-held kind which the more up to date hotels now tend to provide. However, there were no problems with water pressure, and the provided hair dryer was adequate for its job (sometimes they aren't).

It was hot and humid (Thailand on April 1 just is), but the air conditioning was up to the task - in the dining room, lobby, and my room was. I was very comfortable in the room overnight.

The lobby was not very inviting, but it did have some computers providing Internet access on a pay per hour basis at a reasonable rate. The elevators (lifts) were a surprise: there are two and they are TINY.

As this hotel was booked by the tour company, I have no idea what the competition in that town is, or whether this is the best value for money. It is not located within walking distance of the town, and we didn't feel like paying for a shuttle to spend a little time exploring the area on foot in the time between our arrival and dinner, so we just hung around the hotel. A few members of our group went swimming and said they liked the pool, but I didn't try it for myself.

Date of stay: April 2009