“Most friendly and homely accommodation”
Review of Manora Garden

Manora Garden
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Most friendly and homely accommodation”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Manora Garden was an accidental find. I was riding my bicycle through Thailand and the day I found this little gem I was quite tired, so I just decided to take a chance on the accommodation. The resort is owned by a friendly married couple Gerard (Dutch) and Nui (Thai). What amazing people who made me feel welcome and at home. I was the only guest at the time when I stayed there.

Nui made an incredible dinner for the three of us, healthy Thai food! After dinner I sat chatting to the two of them for a couple of hours. It was interesting to here stories from both of them about the area we were situated in as well as their background.

In the morning I needed to get on my bicycle at 7am, so Nui cooked me a tasty large breakfast to fuel me for my long ride ahead. I left with a massive smile on my face, definitely a highlight on my cycle holiday.

Room Tip: - Take a hammock, in front of some of the rooms you can put up a hammock, the gardens are some prett...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gerard M, Owner at Manora Garden, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Symon!

Thank you for your nice words! We also liked it that you was with us! I still remember that bicycle trip. Thanks for visiting us and that you 'let me cycle again'. (Almost everyday you can see me on my bike on the way to that viewpoint! Not as far as you but it is a nice work-out!)
Greetings from us!

Gerard and Nui

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Manora Garden is owned by Gerard (Dutch) and Nui (Thai). They are very friendly people and they will allways help you if they can! They can tell a lot about the function of a morning/night market.

Manora Garden is a very nice and quiet place to stay.

Around Manora Garden are nice activities you can do!

1. Boat tour through the ao phang nga national park (see mangrove forest, nice limestone rocks rising from the sea and James Bond island!

2. Elephant trekking (only 300Bht. For 30 minutes

3. Rafting (only 400Bht.)

4. Go to the waterfall nearby (maybe for a swim)

5. Rent motorcycle at Manora Garden and check out some beautiful sights around and end the day on the Phang Nga night market.

To be short: we really enjoyed our stay at Manora Garden!

• Stayed November 2012
#7 of 14 in Phang Nga
Sawasdee Lagoon Camping Resort
Sawasdee Lagoon Camping Resort
#1 of 3 in Thai Mueang

Been to Manora Garden? Share your experiences!