“Good location, nice pool, maintanance canbe better”
Review of Quarter Hotel

Quarter Hotel
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pai
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We spend in this hotel 2 nights. The location is good-about 10 min walk to the center of lovely Pai. A laundry right outside (30 BHT per 1 kg.)
Rooms are large and nice and bathrooms are huge. Pool was great but we had to search for someone for towels. a lot of mosquitoes! Watch out.
We had few issues that could have been solved with the right manual or guidance on checkin.
The safe had to be fixed and so is 1 lamp. It took us a while to figure out where the mosquito's device is and more small issues like that.
Now - I would like to turn to all hotels' managements anywhere: please DO NOT use glass containers for shampoo etc. It gets broken either by us or the previous guests. It's ugly, it's dangerous for kids and I found a small glass piece in the shampoo.
You can use their bicycle for free but most of them needs repair, Also-it's one size-suitable for kids over 13 or so. Still-we used it and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here with our 4 children for 2 nights in August 2013. I understand that this is not high season but I really expect more.
The rooms are situated round the pool and in the pictures it looks great. But we had to beg them to switch on the pool lighting at night otherwise the place is pitch black. It was to the point my kids (age 7-16) were uncomfortable. Even with the lights switched on the porch light of the room goes out automatically when you exit the room and take out the electricity card so I had to use my celphone torch to find the key hole when reentering ! This is not good enough.
There was a problem with the plumbing in our rooms (we had two connecting rooms) and the toilets would not flush- int he end they sorted it out but not until we almost moved to another two rooms only to discover the same issue!
We were located in the rooms that are the far end of the pool next to the workers dwellings. This is really bad as we were woken up around 630 when the workers arrive.Rooms nearer the dining area maybe nicer but then you have no privacy unless you draw the curtains the whole time.
Otherwise the rooms are simple (not sure what "luxury" people are talking about in other reviews- maybe after moving in from a tent or a basic B&B) with polished concrete floors. Bathroom has a shower only and gives a very cold feeling.And it is all in grey concrete- not my choice of decorum.
Breakfast was limited with choice - passable.
Driver service into town when it was pouring was a nice touch and they offered to pick us up as well though it stopped raining so this was not required.
I dont know what else Pai has to offer as far as accommodation but this was certainly less than satisfactory from my point of view. The place has great potential if only it was properly maintained and they had adequate lights on in the grounds, The area after the pool next of room is undeveloped (just waster ground) and is not very welcoming) .

Bottom line: We stayed at the D2 in Chiang Mai and its like heaven and earth (this place is earth......) so if you are expecting D2 standard or anything like it don't come here.

Room Tip: you are between the rock and the place here: either a room at the far end of the pool where its pitc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nellos
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very pleasant and welcoming hotel. Unique natural design, rooms all over the campus, around a nice pool. Large dining room. Close to the center of Pai (4-5 minutes of easy walk). We really liked the hotel. Huge bathroom!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We only stayed there one night, and got there pretty late, but the hotel was very nice. The pool was fun, and was open till 10 pm so we were able to spend time in it. The rooms were tasteful and clean, the beds were good, and breakfast was nice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is tastefully designed and one of he nicer places I've stayed in Pai. It's one of the few within easy walking distance to the town centre that has a swimming pool and it's a decent pool as well. The staff are friendly and helpful, though if you are used to 5 star service you may find them a little laid back. The rooms are well appointed and thr outdoor shower a nice touch. the floors are uncovered concrete and while it adds to the modern and funky ambience, it greatly amplifies the scraping noises of chairs moving, doors closing etc...we had 2 early mornings where people in he rooms above us were getting ready to check out and we couldn't quite believe how loud it was downstairs. I would expect better than this for the price but aside from that, this hotel has a lot going for it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights after spending the night in a £2 a night bamboo hut which was an experience but you see what you get when you pay more, £40 a night we paid. We just turned up at the hotel and they checked us in early morning with cool flannels and a nice ice cold drink. Shown to our room and left be. Wonderful rooms quite rustic but in a modern way, lovely pool so big and clean, good breakfast too! Short walk to the centre of Pai which is just a dream! A very nice relaxing hotel and a great place to stay in the hot months to treat yourself with a cool down in the pool, me and my boyfriend would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Actually I did not check the other hotels in Pai to compare THE QUARTER with them. Therefore, I can not recommend you this hotel or to say go to the others. However, when I wanted to book this hotel via internet, I believe the photos were much better than what we visited later. Pai is a city that the tourist may know better than Thais. A city full of backpackers with a mild weather in the north of Thailand. The hotel is close to bar street and walking market but enough far from the noise. . When we arrived , we passed a hallway and came to the reception desk. The hotel seemed half empty. There were some canape in that area which you could sit with a ceiling fan for ventilation. There was a shop which during our stay it was closed. The check-in was quick and they gave us a room upstairs.The hotel was constructed in Villa shape blocks. Each block consisting of four units. Two located down stairs and two in upstairs. The room was clean but small. Specially we were three persons and putting the extra bed made it tighter. The room amenities were simple but beautiful and bathroom was separated by a beautiful nice wooden door. In the shower area the outside wall had an opening gave you feeling that you are showering outdoors. But there was problem that in the night mosquitoes could come in. There was a big gecko lizard outside of the room which we saw it in the room at the night( please do not worry since it was quite harmless). The villa has windows at the two sides which give a lot of light coming in. The outside environment to be just, was beautiful and it had a good pool which nobody was in. The breakfast was served outside with open walls, it was continental breakfast but nice in open air. At the night I was awaken by my wife alarming me from the bathroom that the water was cut. I went out to find some water but there was no water in the area. I went to reception but they did not have any water to give me. At last I draw some water from the refrigerator of the receptionist. So if you are accustomed to using water in WC do not forget to keep some filled spare bottle there and do not rely on the piped water. Since there was one barrel in the bathroom as a water reservoir (at that time there was no water inside), I believe water shortage there would happen time to time. The separation wall between two villas is very thin and you can hear easily what happens in the adjacent unit.

Room Tip: Fill the barrel in the bathroom as soon as you arrive. For a better view take the villas upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family