“Great value, central location, friendly staff am excellent food”

Pai Village Boutique Resort & Farm
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Pai
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We intended staying in Pai for 3 nights but stayed 6. Walking off the street after Late bus from Chiang Mai we were greeted with a smile and checked in most efficiently and were in our beautiful bungalow within seconds. The bedroom was clean and comfortable (except for a couple of cockroaches that made it in one evening, but these things happen when you are surrounded by nature). Our bungalows external area was great to sit and relax in the evening before heading for dinner but make sure you have mosquito coils and spray but it's no worse than any other place I have been. We ate in the restaurant twice and both times were excellent, I highly recommend the large steak, cooked to your liking and includes soup, bread roll, starter salad and pepper sauce all for 160-170 baht , great value. The waiters were very nice but could be more attentive. The live music (western couple) are excellent and help create the atmosphere. Only minor suggestion I would give to the restaurant and indeed all restaurants in South East Asia is that you are supposed to serve the appetizer BEFORE the main course not 5 mins after but again this is a minor detail. Wifi works in the rooms except when it rains heavily. The only minor negative points/suggestions would be: 1 needs better lighting coming directly off the street at night after reception is closed 2. A mosquito net on the window would be good so you could leave it open at night to let the air flow (in fan rooms) 3. Maybe have a better lounging/common area for guests, the old Baan Pai was across the river and had an area to lounge when the sun was out right by the river but there is nothing similar in Ban Pai Village........oh and 4. Take the big Koi fish out of the muddy water!

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Location is great for shoppers, Just 2 mins to night market.
Rates are confusing but rather fair, and place is well kept.

Each has a belcony to hang out at night, but do start the mozzy repellant burning while u are out.

My room was without BF, so had to fork out additional 80 THB for it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Recently stayed at the Baan Pai Village bungalows for 4 nights, gorgeous place really peaceful and relaxing and we felt right at home from the very first day. Set in a great location close to everything thoroughly recommend Baan Pai to anyone. The staff were extremely helpful at all times, the cleaning girls did a great job and were very obliging. We ate at the restaurant several times cos the food was delicious and the atmosphere was great with the musicians playing whilst you eat. The Cowboy waiter did an amazing job making everyone feel welcome we really loved him and especially loved his funky cow music at the end of the night. Well be back one day for sure we would have loved to have stayed longer and in our three weeks of travelling in Thailand we met some of the nicest people in Pai, fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise895
Reviewed July 16, 2012

You stay in bungalow’s that are all situated in a really nice garden. The walls are made of reef and the roof of leaves, so you can hear everything that’s going on outside your room. That said, it really isn’t an issue, we spent a lot of our time just relaxing on the little terrace outside our room where you are provided with a seat, cushions and a mat to lounge on. We originally booked 2 nights but stayed 3, and would have loved to spend even longer in Pai and at the Baan Pai Village (got a way better deal at the hotel then online). The staff are welcoming and helpful, especially the cleaning ladies!! The only negative thing is Pai has loads of Mosquito’s, so take your bug spray or if you like hanging on your terrace grab some mosquito coil’s. The room does come with a mosquito net so this is helpful at keeping the mosquitos at bay!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Walked in from the street and greeted by Am with a big smile. She walked me to the room and wow - I didn't expect that! Behind the reception into the garden area sit the Thai style huts. Mine was fantastic with all the amenities that I needed - clean room, aircon, hot shower, TV, etc. I loved the natural traditional Thai architecture. The hotel has free internet and a great restaurant with great prices. I had the steak dinner and was surprised that it came with soup, bun, and salad. Delicious! The breakfast was also great and a great price. The location was ideal. The garden huts are set back amongst a quiet setting and yet only minutes to the street markets. Loved everything about it! I also got a great Thai massage next door! Will indeed stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Baan Pai Village. Although I initially intended to stay maximum a week, I ended up staying two weeks! This place is ideal for people who do not wish to have to walk long distances or drive around in a scooter always to go around. I visited at least half a dozen places near where the vans from Chiang Mai drop us off. My objective was to find a place at an easy walking distance (I had over 30kgs luggage) from the bus stop and all other places in town, a comfortable room with outdoor place to relax and not too expensive. This is what I found here. I was greated very warmly by the lady that worked at reception. Throughout my stay she was very kind, polite and smiling- which was quite a change from a few other places I saw. The room is spacious and full of light due to the large windows in front. I really enjoyed the bamboo couch and cushions that one could relax on either inside or on the bungalow's private terrace. The sound from the ponds were relaxing as I observed many interesting animals such as geckos, lizards, dragonflies and butterflies about their daily activities on the grounds. The shower was clean and had hot water. The staff in general were friendly and the place is really well maintained. They were constantly working in the garden and the housekeeping regularly changed the towels and made sure there was a good stock of amenities (drinking water, soap, toilet paper, etc) in the room, which really made the place stand out!
There are SOOO many lovely places and guesthouses in Pai. I would really advise any traveller to have a look at a number of places before choosing the best place for themselves. The first question one must ask themselves is at what distance of the town center one wants to be.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The bungalows were extremely cute and comfy, so great value for the price (in off season). However, the staff (females) were extremely rude and had an air of racism towards my friend and I. They would blatantly ignore us when we would come up to the counter to try and do something and actually turned us away for food saying it didn't start until 1:00 when the people beside us had menus... so we ate elsewhere the entire trip and avoided the restaurant and reception area of baan pai because frankly, i was tired of being stared down by the females that worked there like i was just some stupid traveller making their lives miserable even though all we did was smile at them(that's honestly how it felt). otherwise our stay was very pleasant besides the staff. i will say that the male working the restaurant (dressed as a little cowboy) was awesome and he introduced himself and we even ran into him at some local bars later, loved him!

Room Tip: all of the bungalows are cute and cozy :)