“Nice view with unkind owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa De Pai

Villa De Pai
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Pai
Pai, Thailand
“Nice view with unkind owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you get 250B room, it has really nice view. But I might guess owner is not kind and nice.
Facility is old and rundown. Good thing about this place is location.

If I go to pai again, I will try to find another place.
There are so many place with that cost but much better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in the dorm room here for 80 baht/night and for that price I guess you can't really complain. But the mattress was really hard and I didn't see them change sheets once in the entire week I stayed there. There was free wifi in the dorm which was nice, but it lacks a common area where dorm guests could hang out. The staff were friendly enough but didn't speak any English so it was hard to communicate. It wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay there again though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to see our room before we took it, but it was raining, so the lady at the reception let us wait for 20 minutes because she didn't want to walk trough the rain to show us the room. After 20 minutes we asked again if we could see the room, but she said again that we had to wait because she didn't want to get wet. Are you kidding me? Most lazy people we ever met during our 5 months trip trough south east asia!!

• Stayed May 2013

Travelers are raving about these Pai hotels

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a pretty basic place, but so is the price. I really liked facing the river, and listening to the bird sounds as the sun was coming up,and falling to sleep to the sound of the large hunting gecko.
The bungalow was as clean as you might expect a thatched hut to be. And the bathroom, a toilet, a sink and a very large concrete floor, the toilet flushed, the shower was always hot and the pressure was adequate. What else is there, little shampoos and shower caps? Yea, toilet paper would have been nice, but I always carry my own when I travel anyway. The lady at the reception is cheerful and speaks enough English to get the job done. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a cheap quiet place, but not a sanitized, crowded plastic experience.

Room Tip: I liked facing the river, with the whole world behind me.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I rented a bungalow at the last minute for 250 baht. A double room with a fan with one of the crummiest bathroom adjoining I have ever been in. The toilet barely flushed and in general was very dirty. The idea of us being right by the river was alluring until we saw the state of he river, it looked like grey water from a washing machine with polystyrene and wrappers floating on the banks.
The positive side is that the location was great! Although everything in Pai is a short and pleasant stroll away, there must be many nicer places to stay. Your choice though, 250b IS cheap but you really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Pretty average place to stay not the cleanest or the best equipped place with a shower that struggles to supply hot water no bathroom supplies not even the basics such as toilet paper. Sill for 250 baht a night you can't complain too much, however there are much better places to stay in pai with higher quity bungalows for the price. The biggest let down is the service from staff working at this place by for the rudest Thai people we met in 2 months of traveling it cost nothing to be polite, for that reason alone I would not recommend this place to others.

• Stayed May 2013
Hua Hin, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Loved staying at Villa de Pai, only 300baht for a solid bungalow for the night with a hammock on a little balcony outside set amongst bushes and with a lawn leading down to the river. It has a fan but in Pai you don't really need aircon, we even slept under the duvet at night! It is also situated on a road with great restaurants and the best bars, but the best part about it is that it is so peaceful even in the Bungalows closest to the road. The woman at the front desk isn't so friendly but for the good value for money I would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends