“Delicious indian curry (thai style)”
Review of No.9@Pai

No.9@Pai
Ranked #47 of 145 Restaurants in Pai
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We went here for dinner and ordered the chicken masala and chicken saag, both with roti. The food was delicious with a lot of flavour. It is not an authentic indian curry, and had a mix of thai flavour. This was ok for us as we love both cuisines. Would happily go back there again!

The food did take a while. That's because there is one cook and he makes everything fresh and only after the order is placed. The cooking area is visible from the eating area, so you can even see when your meal will start. Don't come here starving. We waited 30min for our food, but we had read other reviews so were expecting it.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently spent one month in Pai and wanted to try as many cafes/restaurants there as possible. I stumbled across No.9 and decided to try it for dinner one night. The service was painfully slow with no apparent reason as there were only two other small tables of customers on this occasion. After waiting for around 20 minutes the lady working there apologized to me and said that it would be at least another 30-40 minutes before I would receive my food. I waited but the food was not worth the wait. There is a great choice of decent restaurants in Pai so I recommend you try somewhere else other than here.

2  Thank runsammie
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have being travelling with my friends around Thailand for 3 months, we had followed Tripadvisor recommandations at all the times, I know that when in Asia western people need to be patient, dishes come one by one but a meal can't take for ever. The service is frienly and I noticed they are working very hard but there is no excuse for waiting so long specially when the is just food is ok. They really need help!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went here after I couldn't find my first choice in Pai, and I saw the sign for No.9 that I recognized from looking through tripadvisor. I ordered a fruit shake with yogurt and their "Supreme" burger as it was 4th of July, and I wanted a reminder of America, my home. Shake was excellent, and the woman came over and refilled me when I had sucked down about half of it; but the wait was entirely too long for what I got. You could tell the meat was frozen and then defrosted, and the burger was just mediocre at best; barely any bacon and a tad overcooked. I know, I should know better to get western food in Thailand, but when I waited nearly a half hour and paid 240 baht, I expect a little more. I have nothing bad to say at all about the owners or the restaurant itself (I even left a good tip), just probably ordered the wrong thing.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Its a restaurant run by a lovely couple, husband did the cooking & wife take order, serve, buy ingredients in times of emergency & make tea & coffee. Food are decent quality, the place is clean, but anticipate a long wait if you travel in groups of people. coz there are only 1-cook & he can only do 1 dishes a time. if time is not an issue... a decent place to have your lunch.